Cristiano Ronaldo

This is all because he is sick of being told he is not better than Messi.

Is it any coincidence this has come out a few days after being beaten to Iniesta to Uefa Best Player award after the season he had?

roy.or.r said:
If i am not wrong, Tolmie said something about him coming to us in May....

It defiantly a come-and-get-me-plea to put us and other clubs on alert.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
OB1 said:
If he became available, I reckon it's a safe bet that Mansour would want to buy and that only FFPR considerations would stop him pursuing a deal. If we could sign him, we should but I don't think it will happen.

They'd never ban us, not with the world's first or second most famous, talented and marketable superstar. We'd make the money back in the long run with all the new fans, shirt sales etc.

This! even if they did ban us, it would take under a year to make the money back for him. only problem would be the huge influx of 'plastic' fans.

I'd love us to sign him, he may be a cock but he's an immense player, we'd be virtually guaranteed the title every year with the current squad and him added to it. Plus we'd make back the transfer fee in merch within a season I reckon; even if we only make one more signing in the next 3 years it should be Ronaldo!

The man is a rag through and through and I say that not in a kind way. Was brought up by Fergiscum and has all the attributes relating to that shithouse.

From a professional and skill point of view he is a world class player probably second only to Messi. So leaving aside any rag city bias the management at our club would probably consider him if there was a time he were to leave RM.

As for a timeline for such things happening I can't see that this would happen (if at all) until next summer.

Cost, he cost RM 80m and is reportly earning 200 -300K (Euros) per week.
In round about figures (guesswork) I reckon that he earns anything between 12m and 15m per year excluding image rights etc.

If he was to be sold with 2 years left on his contract I would expect as a minimum RM would want 60m.

Next year we are only twelve months away from FFPR coming into effect so for any club to say award him a 300K salary and 60m as a fee over five years of his contract you are effectively adding about 25m to your salary and amortisation costs.

That is a hell of a sum of money to fork out, if Aguero went the opposite way maybe those costs would be halved. So it is feasible if that is the sort of deal we would want to pursue.

Do I want Aguero to leave and be replaced by him, not in a million years. :-)

seantheduck said:
do we really need him?

We're not in a position to be talking about 'need'. He'd get us 60 goals a season,.
Even if we didn't make a penny initially from the image rights, new fans, merchandise etc, we'd easily make it back in the future from the huge influx of new City fans. Call me ambitious but if we got Ronaldo, it might even warrant expanding the stadium.
We'd probably get at least 2 trophies every year with him. And it would be the final nail in the coffin for those rag fuckers, knowing they can't lure back the prodigal son.

Can we afford not to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.