Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial contracts are already agreed so that's a no -starter unless he stays long term and those contracts are renegotiated. Which is unlikely given his age.

Go through any historical data you like, shorts sales don't significantly increase due to players joining, the only thing that changes is what name goes on the back. Additionally, city get a tiny percentage (7.5-12%) of the profit on any shirts sold so don't make any significant dough from it.

The rags are the top sellers with 3.25m per year, Madrid are close by and saw no downturn in sales when Ronaldo left. Juve sold a total of 500k Ronaldo jerseys the season he joined, but these weren't additional sales, just sales with his name on the back. It's the biggest lie in football
There were young kids walking round every town in the UK with juventus shirts with Ronaldo on the back.
They weren't buying juventus shirts before he signed.

I know we all like to flap but I just can't believe any stories of him going to United last minute.

That's fair enough, the original post I replied to said we'd make his salary back on shirt sales. We won't. It doesn't happen.
What about name and number on the back? I bet the club get 100% of that?
Probably about £20 * a lot = a lot.

Yes I think we all fear this but tbh it's probably just the legacy of the 90s rather than anything in reality.

Jorge Mendes makes a lot of money from dealing with City, why would he burn his bridges?

Plus I think having Dias, Cancelo, Bernardo Silva at the club, playing with de Bruyne and adding playing for Pep Guardiola to his CV makes me think he would be more than happy to move to us!

can see him going to United PSG too. this is not done until he wears our shirt next to Txiki.

it might have been the plan all along but maybe they wanted to draw a reaction from United too with the City interest and I can see United totally panic and just make an offer so they dont have to be laughed at that "their" CR is turning up at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.