Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't afford €30m for Ronaldo then what the fuck was all this nonsense about Kane all summer?
We weren't close to meeting the valuation for Kane and it would have only been possible if we sold Bernardo.

Looks like Bernardo isn't going anywhere, so the combo of €30 million plus the huge wages that Ronaldo would command probably made it a non-starter.

All speculation until the accounts come out, I suppose.

This idea of us "not being bullied" in the market is becoming a self-fullfilling prophecy at this point. You simply cannot expect to make big moves in the market without getting fleeced once in a while. Its happens to all big clubs.

I think our board look at us and think we deserve the best and players should want to come. The cold reality is that players/agents just want the best money. I think we are somewhat deluded at a boardroom level. Why pay mega bucks to bring in pep only to bottle every chance to sign someone big. Its an insult to pep nevermind the fans.

Once the scum came in it was always gonna be them.
Just a shame we didn’t stick a £50m bid in and £500k in wages just to drive their price up before we pulled out.
It was fun, just like the Messi saga, but when it comes down to it I’m not really arsed.
I was more bothered that we’d spend £150m on Kane.

I can get down with the idea that we were happy to sign him because we were led to believe it was a free hit with no other clubs involved. Yet as soon as we were made aware he'd been offered to the rag cunts, like so often before we refused to get involved in a bidding war.
It's a tactic that has been used for years now and although meant we've lost out on some marquee type players hasn't hurt the club in the long run.
It's understandable that sections of the fanbase don't like us doing our business the way we do but Im cool with it.

well maybe Pep really did not fancy him?

up to Torres, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus to hit the target now on a much better rate than they usually do.
Sterling has shown in the past he can do it. Mahrez did it to a certain extent last season. Torres has shown he can do it in individual games but may not be consistent and Jesus while he has never really had a full and proper chance seems unlikely to be able to do it in terms of goals but has other attributes. All in all not a bad situation to be in although I suppose after a week like this it doesn't feel like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.