Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can try to convince ourselves whichever way we prefer but not making a serious effort to sign Ronaldo is a mistake with our striker situation.

We should have tried to wrap up the deal when we were offered the chance to sign him but turns out we never put in a bid. Commercial value he would have brought to the club would have covered a significant amount of our layout on him.

We have to stop being rigid with "Transfer criteria" set by the club hierarchy, that's the reason we loose out when we get into bidding war. There should be more flexibility to our approach.

We can try to convince ourselves whichever way we prefer but not making a serious effort to sign Ronaldo is a mistake with our striker situation.

We should have tried to wrap up the deal when we were offered the chance to sign him but turns out we never put in a bid. Commercial value he would have brought to the club would have covered a significant amount of our layout on him.

We have to stop being rigid with "Transfer criteria" set by the club hierarchy, that's the reason we loose out when we get into bidding war. There should be more flexibility to our approach.
We seem to be doing alright trophy wise so why change it?

His wage at the swamp is £480,000 p/w according to sly
Too rich for our blood, clearly. Should have gone for Danny Ings. It's funking laughable to let Sergio go and then waste 3 months trying to get a striker in to replace him and failing to do so. Even though there were plenty on the market. There is no sugar coating this shitshow. Questions must be asked.

Because Kane or Ronaldo would be the face of the club, get us more following amongst kids/teens who want City merch, follow our social media accounts, etc, and big sponsors wanting to be associated with a superstar 30-goal a season striker.
Ah ok, I interpreted it as we would lose out on some commercial deals we already have in place or had in the pipeline. However, I don’t completely agree with your point, unless the said player was either Ronaldo or Messi. I’m pretty certain our commercial sponsors look at the CFG in its entirety, not just on having a ‘star striker’. I’d even hazard a guess that a fair percentage of the people negotiating these deals know very little about football

I’d suggest we do pretty damn well from our commercial revenues without having a ‘star striker’ but maybe having one would increase our revenues further, but I wouldn’t imagine it would be a huge uplift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.