Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced we were working with poor / misleading intel on the Kane deal. We misread the situation from multiple angles, and then Mendes saw an opportunity to leap in for Bernardo and Ronaldo's gain..
Kane camp thought we would get it form by £100m

We went a but ahead to £125mthey didn't want anything below £150 to start talks

Ibrahimović, Aduriz, Del Piero, Pirlo, Fernandinho, Thiago Silva, Joaquín, Buffon, Dani Alves, van der Sar, Handanović, Xavi, Iniesta, Ribery, Daniele de Rossi, Stanley Matthews, Scholes *spits*, Giggs *spits again*, Maldini, Romário, Zanetti, Totti, Costacurta, Roger Milla, Baresi, Chiellini
Oh come on? Really?

Keepers and CB's are able to play longer than strikers - so those names are out of context.

Stats for midfielders are very hard to judge. Assists? Tackles? A mix - depending on role? Too hard to break down.

Apples to apples - goals for strikers is an imperfect measure but is at least indicative of performance (albeit CR7 likes to play on the wing so not necessarily a true striker - but goals scored is an easy statistic to monitor so I'll stay with that; and as goals scored forms the basis of our gentleman's bet I think it's very fair).
===
Looking at strikers.

Ibrahimovic for example, at 36, played in the MLS. Who cares what he did there?

Totti? Love the guy. But.. Serie A - 2011-12 - 27 appearances, 8 goals; 2012-13 34 appearances 12 goals; 2013-14 26 appearances 8 goals.

Two strikers looked at and totally bunk.

Last edited:
Haha, I've been waiting for this, I'll post the collection!!

indYZmf.png

kBJ6McT.png

5gXYkeT.png

Gt0hZpt.png

lVSIBHF.png

Literally the only thing I've enjoyed about this thread. Thank you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time city actually got a player for far less than was quoted?

-Sane
-KDB
-Laporte
-Dias
-Walker
-Rodri
-Grealish

Seems like we posture for months but ended up paying the original fee quoted or very close to it.

Only one I can remember being a semi bargain was Bernie which was kind of out of left field...
Torres, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Ederson, Jesus, Silva, Stefan.

Loads under market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.