Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a lot of pissed off people if this doesn’t happen.

I’d pay the 25 m in a heartbeat if Cristiano will accept a big pay cut to join.

I know I said I didn't want him - but if he's really willing to halve his salary to fit in with our wage structure, and is as desperate for the move on purely sporting grounds as it sounds like he is, then fair play to the bloke.
Exactly! 100% this...man wants to compete with Messi as long as he can and surely that is commendable.

If PSG fucking role I’m at the last min and close this deal over us. Well damn it that grinds my gears.

Mendes better get him to us and not club Mino Raiola….

I reckon he'd split our team and team spirit a bit like Rodney Marsh was cited as doing back in the 70's. Be it on being the best player, or his lack of tracking back, or his extortionately high wages... too much risk and potential trouble for me.

He's too old to take a risk on, leave well alone I'd say.

>> ...and at 37/38 was scoring for fun back in Serie A
Ibra - latest Serie A appearances:
2019-20 - 18 appearances, 10 goals
2020-21 - 19 appearances, 15 goals

Good stats for games played. But the season in Serie A is 38 games. As I've said, 36 is hell. You're easily injured. And when you're on the pitch you're not nearly as good as you were a decade earlier.

Hell, I admit - a 36 year old Ronaldo might miraculously remain injury free, score a ton of goals and not disrupt team chemistry or upset Pep or fans with diving.
But he wasn't injured at 36. He was rotated at 38.

Look at his record in the US and he played most games.

Ronaldo also has an exceptional injury record.

Why, when you turn 36 does your body suddenly give up on you? If you were perfectly capable at 35?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.