Croatia

Thanks and Orebic Does looks stunning (just googled it). Age is 10 so would want the usual; nice restaurants, nice chilled out atmosphere, bit of culture but somewhere that has a family vibe too (although not too busy).

Take a look at Purec, we drove up from the airport and stayed in rented apartment.

Quite place with sites up the coast for the kids

I'm looking at going to either Cavtat or Srebreno in September. Seen a couple of nice hotels for the me and the Mrs, idea is we have best of boths world by chilling near the sea/ pool then having a few trips in to Dubrovnik. Also open to a day trip to Montenegro (if we are allowed in by then).

I have seen some positive comments re Cavtat so I'm quite sold on there. Are the prices for food and drink a little less than Dubrovnik in Cavtat?

We stayed in a little island called Kolomata which was about 30 mins out from Dubronvik on the ferry then a 5/10 mins taxi ride from the old town. There are a few various options regarding islands there so I'd look around. Nice hotels and beaches with quick access to Dubrovnik.

100% do the walls. You won't regret it and if you are I'd recommend booking an airbnb or something in the old town for the night. The place is spectacular at night and rids itself of cruise ship tourists and becomes more chilled out.

I also took the day trip to Kotor in Montonegro and it was amazing. I loved it. Again, depending on fitness, do the walls! Sadly the one thing I didn't do as the Mrs wasn't keen. The pictures to be had up there though are second to none.

Generally speaking I would say its similar to UK prices.

I have some pics from there on my portfolio site (Kotor/Kolomata/Dubrovnik: https://jamiesteel.myportfolio.com/photographyexperience

We stayed in a little island called Kolomata which was about 30 mins out from Dubronvik on the ferry then a 5/10 mins taxi ride from the old town. There are a few various options regarding islands there so I'd look around. Nice hotels and beaches with quick access to Dubrovnik.

100% do the walls. You won't regret it and if you are I'd recommend booking an airbnb or something in the old town for the night. The place is spectacular at night and rids itself of cruise ship tourists and becomes more chilled out.

I also took the day trip to Kotor in Montonegro and it was amazing. I loved it. Again, depending on fitness, do the walls! Sadly the one thing I didn't do as the Mrs wasn't keen. The pictures to be had up there though are second to none.

I have some pics from there on my portfolio site (Kotor/Kolomata/Dubrovnik: https://jamiesteel.myportfolio.com/photographyexperience

Thanks Pal, that's really helpful. The walk along the wall looks fantastic. I'm looking at going in Sept (ambitious) which would be great as there's no cruises at the minute.

Pictures look great, Kotor is a possibility but at the moment we aren't allowed in to Montenegro.

Got 11 days off work starting Thursday 26th which were booked off for a potential European Cup final. For obvious reasons we're going on holiday for 10 nights instead and I'm fancying Croatia. Just got to convince the wife of going rather than Italy or Spain.

We're two 40 year olds with no kids. Main part of holiday will be to just relax, soak up the sun, read our books and eat out. However, every 3rd day or so we want to go and do something so having options for days out are also required.

I definitely fancy being nearer the Dubrovnik area and there are some fantastic looking hotels in Dubrovnik. However, would anyone whose been recommend that we stay a bit outside of Dubrovnik and travel there as and when we please? I've read Cavtat mentioned on the thread quite a lot. Or, has anyone done a week or 10 nights in Dubrovnik and found it brilliant?

Any recommendations appreciated. Cheers blues.

Got 11 days off work starting Thursday 26th which were booked off for a potential European Cup final. For obvious reasons we're going on holiday for 10 nights instead and I'm fancying Croatia. Just got to convince the wife of going rather than Italy or Spain.

We're two 40 year olds with no kids. Main part of holiday will be to just relax, soak up the sun, read our books and eat out. However, every 3rd day or so we want to go and do something so having options for days out are also required.

I definitely fancy being nearer the Dubrovnik area and there are some fantastic looking hotels in Dubrovnik. However, would anyone whose been recommend that we stay a bit outside of Dubrovnik and travel there as and when we please? I've read Cavtat mentioned on the thread quite a lot. Or, has anyone done a week or 10 nights in Dubrovnik and found it brilliant?

Absolutely loved Cavtat...nice hotel, nice little village and you can get the boat-taxi up to Dubrovnik....highly recommend

We got a great deal with Jet2 and stayed in Hotel Croatia...

I "think" there may be 2 Hotel Croatia's close to each other...the other isnt quite as nice as the one i linked to.....just in case you decide to book :-)

Croatia is very nice but I much prefer Italy. In Croatia I found the Split area to be very pleasant.

Just got a like notification for this.

Oddly enough I've just returned from Supetar in Split.

Absolute Paradise.

Just had an amazing week in Dubrovnik. Old Town is beautiful as was Lapad which made for best of both worlds. Managed to relax with amazing views as well as exploring the walls and back street of the old town.

How does Split compare to Dubrovnik / Lapad? It didn't overshadow the trip in any way but I thought eating / drinking out was pricey (food was superb to be fair). Is Split more reasonable or similar prices?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.