Crucial Goals

pete1970

Apart from the QPR Game,What are peoples fav strikes prior to that match?Mine is Ya Ya s @ Newcastle-His first.

Paul Dickov equaliser against Gillingham, its why we are where we are today in my opinion, after he scored Gillingham were never going to win the penalty shootout, they were a spent force and it showed, the mans just as big a hero as Sergio to me..!!

Blue Til Death said:
Paul Dickov equaliser against Gillingham, its why we are where we are today in my opinion, after he scored Gillingham were never going to win the penalty shootout, they were a spent force and it showed, the mans just as big a hero as Sergio to me..!!

Bar Aguero, this is my favourite goal and goal celebration of all time.

There are obvious ones from Aguero, Dickov, Yaya, but I think Nasri's late goal v Chelsea deserves a mention. That was such a big moment in our title-winning season. Fucking awesome goal too, even ignoring it's importance.

apart from the obvious, my crucial goal comes from my all time favourite city games , which was the promotion game at Blackburn in 2000.

Seeing those 1000's of city fans in the ground, and the 100's more on the hill peering in from outside the ground, and us getting battered by blackburn, them hitting the post about 4 times.........

how we where only 1-0 down at half time was a bloody miracle

then the goat got us back into it............

but the crucial goal that day was Daily's own goal...........nobody mentions where we would be without his gaff :-)

Dickov's equaliser was without doubt the most important in our Club's history, and I write as one who saw his first City game in 1944

Everything good that has happened since stems from that moment.

I really think even the best supporters in Britain would have lost faith and hope faced with another season in the third division.

Imagine where we would be now if we had missed promotion.

Probably playing Stockport and Southport.

Oldf**t said:
Dickov's equaliser was without doubt the most important in our Club's history, and I write as one who saw his first City game in 1944

Everything good that has happened since stems from that moment.

I really think even the best supporters in Britain would have lost faith and hope faced with another season in the third division.

Imagine where we would be now if we had missed promotion.

Probably playing Stockport and Southport.

I resect your devotion, my support only goes back to 1949 but beg to differ in regard to the effect of the Dickov goal. Not Southport/Stockport but I think City could now be on a par with Derby Co/Nottingham Forest/Sheffield Wed and the like who can now most likely never return to former glory.
Crucial goal, Joe Hayes in the 1956 Cup Final saw City win a trophy for the first time that day.

In terms of crucial...

Trevor Morley v Bradford
Yaya in semi final
Kompany v united
Wanchope v Newcastle
Mpenza v Newcastle and Boro.
Paul Power v Ipswich
Kennedy v Blackburn
Goater v Wigan
Dickov v Gillingham
Horlock v Gillingham
Dzeko v Notts County
Zabaleta v Qpr
Dzeko V Qpr
Aguero V Qpr
Nasri V Chelsea
Yaya v Newcastle
Kolorov v Sunderland

Just some of the no doubt many....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.