Cruises

Yes, they have occasional deals where a drinks package will be thrown in for free on certain cabin grades. This is a current offer at the moment as I mentioned previously.

But they are not an all inclusive cruise line. Under normal circumstances drinks packages are extra, and range from the lead in 'easy' package through to the 'premium plus' package.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages
My friends on the world cruise got a drinks package for $10 a day. Unlimited.
We were considering going with them, but chickened out, 117 nights is a long time with a cruise line you've never been with.
Ive done the world but in two halves.
Sydney to Barcelona was really good, going through the Suez canal, really fascinating.

My friends on the world cruise got a drinks package for $10 a day. Unlimited.
We were considering going with them, but chickened out, 117 nights is a long time with a cruise line you've never been with.
Ive done the world but in two halves.
Sydney to Barcelona was really good, going through the Suez canal, really fascinating.

How much money do you have?!

I could barely afford our 4 night jolly on MSC next month :)

Obviously all relative to the fiscal but what are Moon-cruisers opinions on all the different cabin classes and would any one entertain a forard or aft inside if the price was right. We have done an inside, outside, mall view and balcony and the balcony wins hands down as long as your next door neighbours aren't chain smokers. You see with a balcony you can not only look out at the splendid vistas and sunsets but also reduce your day time bar bill with bit bit of forard thinking. On an afternoon session we would pay for 3 gin and tonics each and then pour the other three apiece from our cabin. Always two pools on most boats so we would just top up the glasses on the way to the other pool. Be under no illusion the cruise ships want to proper tan your arseholes for the drinks unless your on a P and O so utilizing a level playing field can save the day and also after a hard nights dancing and singing have a nice Baily's and ice in our cabin under a moonlit sky at Manchester prices. As a general rule of thumb most allow you to brink a few bottles aboard at each port of call and if they don't then most of our American chums just used rum runners that similar to a catheter bag and the jobs a good one. On two ships we were A.I so could drink responsibly without crippling the wallet. All inc on a ship makes good sense and can save you a kings ransom. The inside cabin we went on was like living in a harry potter broom cupboard with no natural light but we did get it for circa £695 for 12 nights transatlantic including flights back home via Atlanta. And they let us extend the jollies by being flexible with the flight allowing us 4 days more ashore. Outside cabins are OK as you get to see the outside world without the sea spray but the windows can be a bit mucky and not at all like they show in their brochures. Not a complaint just an observation as obviously they don't have window cleaners at sea. Balcony wins for us if your pocket will take up the extra strain and preferable midships. Also if you get a balcony you get slippers and a nice monogrammed dressing gown. Nothing planned for this year but I would eventually like to see the Norwegian fords

lwe9RTQ.jpg

Obviously all relative to the fiscal but what are Moon-cruisers opinions on all the different cabin classes and would any one entertain a forard or aft inside if the price was right. We have done an inside, outside, mall view and balcony and the balcony wins hands down as long as your next door neighbours aren't chain smokers. You see with a balcony you can not only look out at the splendid vistas and sunsets but also reduce your day time bar bill with bit bit of forard thinking. On an afternoon session we would pay for 3 gin and tonics each and then pour the other three apiece from our cabin. Always two pools on most boats so we would just top up the glasses on the way to the other pool. Be under no illusion the cruise ships want to proper tan your arseholes for the drinks unless your on a P and O so utilizing a level playing field can save the day and also after a hard nights dancing and singing have a nice Baily's and ice in our cabin under a moonlit sky at Manchester prices. As a general rule of thumb most allow you to brink a few bottles aboard at each port of call and if they don't then most of our American chums just used rum runners that similar to a catheter bag and the jobs a good one. On two ships we were A.I so could drink responsibly without crippling the wallet. All inc on a ship makes good sense and can save you a kings ransom. The inside cabin we went on was like living in a harry potter broom cupboard with no natural light but we did get it for circa £695 for 12 nights transatlantic including flights back home via Atlanta. And they let us extend the jollies by being flexible with the flight allowing us 4 days more ashore. Outside cabins are OK as you get to see the outside world without the sea spray but the windows can be a bit mucky and not at all like they show in their brochures. Not a complaint just an observation as obviously they don't have window cleaners at sea. Balcony wins for us if your pocket will take up the extra strain and preferable midships. Also if you get a balcony you get slippers and a nice monogrammed dressing gown. Nothing planned for this year but I would eventually like to see the Norwegian fords

lwe9RTQ.jpg

If your face ends up like that from all that Sea spray, count me out!

If your face ends up like that from all that Sea spray, count me out!

I took the liberty of obscuring my face by utilising an onboard image editing program built deep within the matriaxal bounderies of windows 7 to maintain my anonymity. Always be the grey man in the crowd lad moving around the periphery of awareness without creating any stimulus. This makes us invisible and being invisible will greatly reduce the risk of falling prey to two legged predators when this thin veneer of society peels away and reveals the pure ugliness that lies underneath. It's coming Mr Veternan and being a veteranan you know this to be true so be prepared. I have probably said too much : /

Obviously all relative to the fiscal but what are Moon-cruisers opinions on all the different cabin classes and would any one entertain a forard or aft inside if the price was right. We have done an inside, outside, mall view and balcony and the balcony wins hands down as long as your next door neighbours aren't chain smokers. You see with a balcony you can not only look out at the splendid vistas and sunsets but also reduce your day time bar bill with bit bit of forard thinking. On an afternoon session we would pay for 3 gin and tonics each and then pour the other three apiece from our cabin. Always two pools on most boats so we would just top up the glasses on the way to the other pool. Be under no illusion the cruise ships want to proper tan your arseholes for the drinks unless your on a P and O so utilizing a level playing field can save the day and also after a hard nights dancing and singing have a nice Baily's and ice in our cabin under a moonlit sky at Manchester prices. As a general rule of thumb most allow you to brink a few bottles aboard at each port of call and if they don't then most of our American chums just used rum runners that similar to a catheter bag and the jobs a good one. On two ships we were A.I so could drink responsibly without crippling the wallet. All inc on a ship makes good sense and can save you a kings ransom. The inside cabin we went on was like living in a harry potter broom cupboard with no natural light but we did get it for circa £695 for 12 nights transatlantic including flights back home via Atlanta. And they let us extend the jollies by being flexible with the flight allowing us 4 days more ashore. Outside cabins are OK as you get to see the outside world without the sea spray but the windows can be a bit mucky and not at all like they show in their brochures. Not a complaint just an observation as obviously they don't have window cleaners at sea. Balcony wins for us if your pocket will take up the extra strain and preferable midships. Also if you get a balcony you get slippers and a nice monogrammed dressing gown. Nothing planned for this year but I would eventually like to see the Norwegian fjords.
This is Milford Sound in NZ summer, in winter it looks very different.

lwe9RTQ.jpg
Like you Bob weve had nearly all types of cabin except suites, obviously prefer a balcony but it depends on the deal, if there's a great price for an inside we would go for that, never spend much time in there so Im not that fussed. Some cruises its too cold to sit on the balcony !
Most of our cruises have been repositioning cruises, like from Norther hemisphere or southern hemisphere or visa versa, so you start in one city and end up in a different one, you can then build a land holiday around the cruise...….. ships move south for Australia summer, then move back north for European and American summer. So you might end up doing something like our recent cruise which was from Montreal down the eastern seaboard all the way down to Porta Rico, some great stops on that like Quebec, Nova Scotia, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Boston, New York, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, were actually repeating in in 2021 we liked it so much, and all for 50 quid a night which includes free drinks from 4:30 till 8pm (no limit), all your food, tea, coffee, entertainment, priority level seating (Diamond level) even dressing gowns.

The one we just did around New Zealand was wonderful, highlight was the Fjords, similar to the Norwegian ones I believe.

This is Milford Sound in mid summer, not like this in Winter :)

Milford-Sound.jpg

Like you Bob weve had nearly all types of cabin except suites, obviously prefer a balcony but it depends on the deal, if there's a great price for an inside we would go for that, never spend much time in there so Im not that fussed. Some cruises its too cold to sit on the balcony !
Most of our cruises have been repositioning cruises, like from Norther hemisphere or southern hemisphere or visa versa, so you start in one city and end up in a different one, you can then build a land holiday around the cruise...….. ships move south for Australia summer, then move back north for European and American summer. So you might end up doing something like our recent cruise which was from Montreal down the eastern seaboard all the way down to Porta Rico, some great stops on that like Quebec, Nova Scotia, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Boston, New York, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, were actually repeating in in 2021 we liked it so much, and all for 50 quid a night which includes free drinks from 4:30 till 8pm (no limit), all your food, tea, coffee, entertainment, priority level seating (Diamond level) even dressing gowns.

The one we just did around New Zealand was wonderful, highlight was the Fjords, similar to the Norwegian ones I believe.

Milford-Sound.jpg

Absolutely beautiful mate and scenery to die for. The one I quoted above was a repositioning cruise at £695 and for pennies stopping in the Bahamas and finally Lauderdale where we had 4 days to recover. We explored a bit and then went down to Hollwood where they filmed Marley And Me and had a brilliant time. Repositioning cruises offer inceredible value for money and should be sought out wherever possible.

I am pretty sure the price you quoted of 50 a night cannot be achievable over here and so truly are you blessed. Roughly work on a ton a night per person in blighty for a balcony

Also it bothers me little that no one took time out to ask what I was pointing at or how I achieved a head of shiny full bodied black hair at the spritely age of 55.

Also it bothers me little that no one took time out to ask what I was pointing at or how I achieved a head of shiny full bodied black hair at the spritely age of 55.

Just get in from work mate and was just about to ask who's head is that? Anyway, I've got my crayons out and will do you proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.