Cruises

We've done 5 but jacked it in after the Butlin's-at-sea experience on the last one. Utter trash. P&O, which is middling for quality but the sailaway bullshit with little plastic union flags and looped patriotic music was a fucking disgrace. It was awful.

Fjords cruise I'd do again as those landscapes are beyond fantasy.

I preferred the Princess cruise despite it being crammed with gobby Americans. Better in every was though.

We always do P&O, and always avoid the sailaway parties like the plague, an embarrassing nod to colonialism, however in terms of drinks prices, it's the same as a pub, so I keep going back

Which companies/sites have you gents used to find deals of that magnitude? Me and the Mrs are very tempted to take the plunge on our first cruise, but I'm quite frugal when it comes to travel.

Vacationstogo is a great site for most cruise offers. So easy to navigate (!)and gives all the info you will need. You may not be able to book all cruises through this site (Princess springs to mind) but you can identify them and do a search of other sites for a similar deal.

We normally use Celebrity and Royal Carribean,. Though the standard has dropped over the years due to cost cutting it's still a good experience. If you manage to get a deal including drinks with these companies you will save a lot.

We always do P&O, and always avoid the sailaway parties like the plague, an embarrassing nod to colonialism, however in terms of drinks prices, it's the same as a pub, so I keep going back

Yes, the prices are decent given the captive market. American ships, sky high prices. The Sailaway...oh the humanity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.