Crumbling relationships...

So (just for those that hate that...) marriage No. 2 looks like it's coming to a final conclusion - after almost a year of on/off/bollocks, ten years in.

We both I am sure have our views on what's right/wrong in the whole sorry thing, though my question to the judge and jury of bluemoon is - having considered that the second time around was better than the first - what about the third?

Must be amazing...
Having experienced it twice now, surely you wouldn't want another control freak in your life?

Don't think I'd be looking down that road.

As my mother quite rightly states

“Men get married for regular sex, women have regular sex to get married and stay married.”

I’m on No 2. Wouldn’t do it again. Mate of mine divorced twice. First one cost him £24000 a year for 16 years in maintainance payments for one child plus the house. Second one only lasted 5 years. She didn’t contribute any capital at all, didn’t pay a bill and walked away with £250,000 for 5 years work! Not bad.....

Last edited by a moderator:
As my mother quite rightly states

“Men get married for regular sex, women have regular sex to get married and stay married.”

I’m on No 2. Wouldn’t do it again. Mate of mine divorced twice. First one cost him £24000 a year for 16 years in maintainance payments for one child plus the house. Second one only lasted 5 years. She didn’t contribute any capital at all, didn’t pay a bill and walked away with £250,000 for 5 years work! Not bad.....
It’s absolute madness. If my marriage ends there won’t be a second.

Second time for me. My first wife was completely fucking mad and unreasonable and still is to this day I’m told by the kids. However the lady I’ve been with for 20 years is great and very level headed with no dramas. I hope no young kids are involved in the break up of your 2nd marriage

They are all fucking mad in my opinion.

Women are on a continuous spiral to end up looking like thora heard.

Best bet is to upgrade every ten years. It is costly but a fresh one is always enjoyable.

First two years especially. Between 2 and 7 years is not bad. Between 7 and 10 they start to hate you. After ten years they think you are the devil.

When I see young men in their twenties all happy because they think the women in white will look and act like that forever as they walk down the isle. I think of the shite they have to face.

Breast pumps, post natal depression. (80 percent of them get it) the dreaded menopause and then at some stage during all of the above divorce.

It’s fucking mind boggling men still do it. (Marry).

I look forward to number 4.

It’s all down to the power of the golden triangle. A trap of nature.

I believe I can catch up Henry the eighth. Don’t let it worry you. Go with the flow of life.
That is quite possibly the greatest post ever on Bluemoon, bravo sir, bravo!

About 7 years ago had to get out of 10 year relationship as my ex's 2 sons addicted to drugs and thought had to get out for my own sanity. She's lost everything, house she owned, car, job, friends, rest of her family. We remained friends and I tried to support her and help her best I could. I lent her almost 4 grand to move away from them. 3 grand lump sum then little bits here and there, last amount £250 couple months ago so she didn't get evicted that evening. Supposed to pay me back £100 a month, lucky if I get money every 2 months now. I have good well paid job so no dependant on the money at moment. Have met new girl and been going out for 15 months now.

I'm not in a relationship now, I split up from a certain Stretford lady with big aesthetically unpleasing feet last November. We were together over 5 years, planned to get wed as some of you who know me know. I sold my house and moved in with her for 6 months which was fine at first, but the last two months in her house I felt like I was walking on eggshells.

Before we met she was single(her choice) for 7 years and has always been independent and self sufficient, not needy or clingy, decent cook, house-proud and to do her own D-I-Y basics of decorating flat pack furniture assembly wiring a plug etc. She was and still is a good mother to her 14 year old son and i got on well with him, treating him like he was my son.

She has a good job in public sector middle management but was seriously stressed from being bullied from her manager which I helped her through last summer, and her problem at work was addressed and dealt with.

Our relationship became strained through me not working as I had to quit through feeling as though I was going into a breakdown (having been there before) from 17 years in the fast lane in telecommunications. Working away mon-fri(and many weekends) out of a suitcase up and down the UK working at height in all weathers took it's toll and I made a decision and hung my rigging boots up. Suddenly being unemployed for the first time since 86 I felt the black cloud depression over me, and some days when she went to work I had too much time on my hands without knowing what to do(if that makes sense)

But we were both 100% honest with each other and were fighting things together. She wasn't one for lovey dovey teenage like texts, neither was I, but I remember one text she sent only last October that meant a lot, well it did then -

"I am so happy now darling I can't tell you. I am so glad I have sorted it and I am out of that cycle. I am looking forward to us having a nice life together. Love you xx"

One month later I was moving my gear out of hers. I had boarded her loft to store my fishing tackle camping gear and tools and when her penny drop realisation that I had properly moved in she blurted out "I don't think living together is going to work". "Don't worry, you've just bought an estate car so you will have somewhere to live if push comes to shove"(lol)

She thought she was making light of this and smiled as she told me, talk of kicking someone when they are down, the heartless woman!....… Oh but get this, she didn't want us to split, just wanted us to live apart. : /

Went back to my house, and good job there was a delay with the buyers as it gave me time to find somewhere suitable to rent, and I didn't have to sleep in my car after all!

We had some really good times together, and there is no acrimony, life is too short to feel bitter and regretful.We are still friends, and friends with benefits suits us both. She comes round to mine and we satisfy our lustful needs and she goes home.

Suits us both at the moment and i am in no rush to find any other batshit crazy (thanks @snorky;) woman to hen peck my head when they think I'm under their thumb.

I have been married and divorced, it didn't work. I've had relationships where some women have accused me of loving City more than them, they were right I did and still do.

Single it is, for now, no rush to find another batshit crazy woman: )

Last edited:
Going through the splitting up stage and won't be getting married ever again.

Life's too short, decided enough is enough of the mood swings, the negativity and the jealousy. (and that's just me!!)

Just doing what i want to now, agree with the earlier advice of getting a hobby, keeps you focused and gives you something to do without dwelling on it all.

Good luck mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.