Gvardiol
Gomez
Phillips
Kovacic
Nunes
Bobb
Grealish
And find a kid to throw in wherever.

The entire point in pep playing full strength sides every group game when weakened sides would get the job done with relative ease is so that he can finish the group asap and not be concerned with it from then on. So play those that need the games for fitness, game time or experience and fill the remaining spots and the bench with kids.

I wouldn't even be putting the likes of rodri, Stones, alvarez, foden, Bernardo. Walker, Ederson and a few others on the plane.

Don't expect pep to go that far though. Team will be similar to what's predicted but rest of the 1st team will likely be on the bench.

I wouldn't even be putting the likes of rodri, Stones, alvarez, foden, Bernardo. Walker, Ederson and a few others on the plane.
With the palace game being on the saterday at 3pm rather than the sunday does make a lot of sense to leave first team players behind. If we were 1 goal down in Belgrade with 30 minutes left would Pep even want to bring them on anyway.

With the palace game being on the saterday at 3pm rather than the sunday does make a lot of sense to leave first team players behind. If we were 1 goal down in Belgrade with 30 minutes left would Pep even want to bring them on anyway.
everyone expecting reserves, I wouldnt be surprised if pep uses this to get some rhythm going and plays a pretty strong team.

Ortega
Lewis
Akanji
Gvardiol
Gomez
Phillips
Kovacic
Nunes
Bobb
Grealish
And find a kid to throw in wherever.

The entire point in pep playing full strength sides every group game when weakened sides would get the job done with relative ease is so that he can finish the group asap and not be concerned with it from then on. So play those that need the games for fitness, game time or experience and fill the remaining spots and the bench with kids.

Don't expect pep to go that far though. Team will be similar to what's predicted but rest of the 1st team will likely be on the bench.
I think those ten are pretty much nailed on to start, only question is who else will play. I think it could be Stones, with Gvardiol at left back and Gomez playing as a winger. As you say, we’ll have a very strong bench but hopefully we won’t need to use it.

The side we fielded up at Newcastle should be good enough, maybe with Stones in for Ake. Things only went awry there because they brought on their heavy hitters, spoilsport, and Red Star might not have that depth or strength.

I think you can. ueffa rules are that there is list A which is named before the group stage then there is list B which includes younger players and needs to be named before midnight the day before the game. This is what Ueffa website says

"Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day before the match in question."

Bobb and Lewis are actually named on list B. so look out on tuesday to see who the club names on list B then we will know if any EDS players are included or not.
Ah the voice of reason!

I think those ten are pretty much nailed on to start, only question is who else will play. I think it could be Stones, with Gvardiol at left back and Gomez playing as a winger. As you say, we’ll have a very strong bench but hopefully we won’t need to use it.
Would much rather Ake played than Stones. John needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and ready for palace and this isn't the type of game he needs.

Would much rather Ake played than Stones. John needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and ready for palace and this isn't the type of game he needs.
There's always that fine line though with players just back from injury, between tying to protect them and getting some minutes in their legs as they're rusty

If players are judged fit enough to play a full game and haven't appeared much this season, they they need to get out on the pitch for improving their match fitness.

Phillips, Stones, Nunes, Gomez, Kovacic, Gvardiol, Grealish and Ortega would definitely be on my team sheet.

just add Lewis, Bobb and A N Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.