• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like:

Ortega
Akanji Ake Stones Gomez
Nunes-Phillips-Lewis
Bobb-?-Grealish

Striker will probably end up being alvarez by default, and think stones needs minutes. Reckon the other CB will be Ake because he's played the least in recent weeks.
I agree with this bar Grealish for some academy lad, and the question mark around who plays striker.

Shame there aren't any standouts in the EDS as I think most of the first team needs resting.

Ideally you'd like to rest everyone but it's not going to happen and there's a few players who need minutes.

The likes of Stones, Kovacic, Nunes and Grealish could use the game time.

Fringe players like Ortega, Lewis, Gomez, Phillips and Bobb will surely start to give others a rest.

Akanji will probably start after sitting out against Luton and I'd expect Gvardiol to as well after being subbed.

I'd go with something like this:

-----------------------Ortega
Lewis-----Stones-----Akanji-----Gvardiol
-----------------------Philips
---------Kovacic---------------Nunes
Bobb--------------Grealish-------------Gomez

There's a chance we could lose with that team but we've already sewn up first place so it doesn't matter.

It would be great if we could leave the rest (Ederson, Walker, Dias, Ake, Rodri, Bernardo, Foden, Alvarez) at home and give them a full week off to prepare for Palace but I suspect most of them will still be in the squad.

The only thing that matters is no injuries.
Bobb as a false 9, and Gomez can play as a RW like he did for Spain U-21s. Sorted.

Ideally you'd like to rest everyone but it's not going to happen and there's a few players who need minutes.

The likes of Stones, Kovacic, Nunes and Grealish could use the game time.

Fringe players like Ortega, Lewis, Gomez, Phillips and Bobb will surely start to give others a rest.

Akanji will probably start after sitting out against Luton and I'd expect Gvardiol to as well after being subbed.

I'd go with something like this:

-----------------------Ortega
Lewis-----Stones-----Akanji-----Gvardiol
-----------------------Philips
---------Kovacic---------------Nunes
Bobb--------------Grealish-------------Gomez

There's a chance we could lose with that team but we've already sewn up first place so it doesn't matter.

It would be great if we could leave the rest (Ederson, Walker, Dias, Ake, Rodri, Bernardo, Foden, Alvarez) at home and give them a full week off to prepare for Palace but I suspect most of them will still be in the squad.

The only thing that matters is no injuries.
That team is a great shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.