Crvena Zvezda (A) - Wed 13th Dec, 17:45 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep won't disrespect the competition, but he should and rest all the integral players, especially if Haaland is still out.

Apologies If it's not clear, but I've listed a few players from the squad who I think could do with minutes and I think the rest of the team should be players from the EDS/Academy
We named a squad prior to the start of the group stage, we can’t just bung in EDS players when we feel like it.

I agree that we should play a very weakened side, although there are a few players who could do with the game time.

Phillips, Akanji, Stones (For half an hour), Nunes could all do with minutes.

The rest should be reserve players.
Agree on Nunes...He needs reps

obviously you've got 1st place guaranteed & another prem game at the weekend & an opportunity to rest vs playing into form, prize money and Pep's desire to win every game. It makes predicting any lineups hard!

you'd think no Haaland and no Rodri but beyond that i honestly dont know. Stones and Nunes could do with minutes? as could Ake and Phillips, but Phillips could be completely done now. Ortega will play and Gomez is likely given he's played a bit of champs league this season.

---------------Ortega---------------
Stones---Akanji---Ake---Gomez
-----Silva------Nunes-----Grealish
----------Bobb-------Foden--------
--------------Alvarez-----------

edit; forgot about Lewis:

---------------Ortega---------------
Lewis---Akanji---Ake---Gomez
----Stones----Nunes-----Grealish
----------Bobb-------Foden--------
--------------Alvarez-----------

Last edited:
Ortega,Gomez,Lewis,Bobb,KP, Nunes,Kova should be a shoo-in. EDS is already qualified so resting/protecting Alvarez,Foden,Bernardo,Rodri,Grealish,Walker should be a priority.

We named a squad prior to the start of the group stage, we can’t just bung in EDS players when we feel like it.
Fair enough, don't know why you've come in with that tone though pal, I'm not the only one on here who's suggested that

I think you can. ueffa rules are that there is list A which is named before the group stage then there is list B which includes younger players and needs to be named before midnight the day before the game. This is what Ueffa website says

"Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day before the match in question."

Bobb and Lewis are actually named on list B. so look out on tuesday to see who the club names on list B then we will know if any EDS players are included or not.

But it matters very little. It's a dead rubber with only pride and a few bucks at stake. Better to rest our star players.
Right, but it's Pep- not Klopp. Pep goes all out for every match even if it is a dead rubber. I agree we need rest but we more importantly need a run of form with at least a core of 1st/2nd teamers.

I feel with Haaland out a spell Alvarez needs a run at the 9 spot as he's been playing out of position for awhile not looked his best. Nunes, Kovacic needs time in the side and IMO Grealish. Bobb needs minutes as i think he's special and don't want him to get frustrated when he well could be given a chunk of match time in a game like this. My worry is Rodri seem card prone or at least is being given them alot of late so I'd sit him if possible to put Kalvin in the role at least to give him some shop window time. If he doesnt factor into our plans we need to sell him in January to the highest bidder- and hopefully shaking off some rust and getting a few games like this will help his value. I really don't think there will be any sellers remorse on our side a'la Cole.

That said we're thin and hopefully have eyes on at least one viable target come in January because Rodri will be out again through suspension if not otherwise.

I'd like to see

Ortega
Rico...Stones... Akanji... Gvad
Nunes...Kalv-out...Kova
Bobb...Jules...Jacko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.