Crvena Zvezda (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Nice to see Red Star Belgrade live - a famous old club. And that’s about it really.

Another fairly meaningless procession of a game against hopelessly overmatched opponents - yep it’s CL time again

And they’re expanding it next year to about ninety clubs. Brilliant idea.
I guess that will be good for Erlings CL goal talley... he'll be scoring 20+ goals a season in Europe!

Thought your players were very sloppy and pretty casual with their finishing in the first half. Glazer was playing well but most of the shots that were on target went straight at him. Red Star played better defensively than I expected (although you did create loads of chances, I thought they'd be even worse).

I warned you about Bukari in the pre-match thread, I said he's one of the fastest players in world football and he timed his run for the goal perfectly imo. I also said that Ivanić, who assisted the goal and had that one decent solo run in the second half was a good player techincally but a bit too slow.

In the second half, I thought your players took the game more seriously and played much better. In the away game you'll need to start the game like that, because a lot of great teams lost in that atmosphere after conceding a few quick goals (their 2-0 win against Liverpool in the season Liverpool won their most recent UCL is probably the best example). If you take it seriously from the start, it could be 5,6-0 easily for you.

fair comments, the match report i read was incorrect then, strange, and they didnt show that on the telly (suprisingly)
Most of the fuckers were in our end tbf! I had a woman directly in front of me with a RedStar signed shirt on, in fact the whole row were RedStar fans with scalves and all. Personally don't have any issues with it except its taking tickets from City fans (although most gave this game a miss anyway!), but all it takes is one fucking nob to gob off from either side and all hell breaks loose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.