Crvena Zvezda (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Great game and Alvarz continues to impress. Haaland didn’t bring his shooting boots. But great game enjoyed it!

Tactical breakdown from the game - interesting read.

On reflection a fairly frantic game on account of us failing to take early chances, and that in turn leads to greater openness, which may leave us susceptible to tiredness and then to injuries. On such nights we miss the composure of Gundogan or Kovacic who can slow the game down and keep the ball.

With the squad already stretched thin, we now desperately need our attackers to be clinical and to start scoring with their first chances, but even that knowledge adds a little pressure to them which means they might have more such games.
Not sure we could have slowed the game down more than we did in the first half!

The rather encouraging thing is that he has so many chances. We will no doubt see some statistic appearing in the RDAHMeedya that Hojlund is more prolific in that his goal to shot stat is twice the Erling percentage, although they won't dwell on the fact that our man has more goals!
Not sure we need to worry ourselves much about the Danish Darwin Nunez over at Old Toilet.

Played really well but missed a lot of chances. Thought Nunes was very tidy in the 1st half, kept things ticking over.
Rodri immense…again.
Alvarez becoming very important for his goals and assists.
Doku adds something different, real pace.
Not Ruben’s finest night.
Pep’s face when Eddy did that semi-Cruyff turn…very funny
Job done.

It's certainly a time of rich and gluttonous attacking, this last few weeks, with chances coming in a blizzard at times.

All eyes on Haaland it seems, and you have to say his finishing is way off his best, in fact it's quite poor by a premier League player's standards, but he's always there to miss them, crucially.

Of course we should have battered them, and I think Pep will be having a lot of words about the sloppy passing and the manner in which we allowed easy and fast counters. The first half was almost arrogant in the way City went about it, which I think was bollocked out of them at HT as they were much more business like from 45 to 75.

Walker and Dias poor, in my eyes, Ake fine, Foden bit off it. Nunes played much better second half. Doku exciting, Alvarez fantastic.

Onwards, a really weird and chaotic way to win a football game, but enjoyable also.
Easy and fast counters or booting the ball in the air in the general direction of their only forward, who actually played quite well

Had Jonathan Pearce commentating on my stream last night.
Kyle Walker called Des.
City scored the most more PL goals team but not top yet.
Mentioned our spending 3 times...cost of squad compared to RBB, cost of our subs and something else he muttered about that slip my memory.
I felt something odd about his commentary, I actually wondered if he was at the ground or watching in a studio somewhere. Sounded like he couldn't be bothered.

Enjoyed that, five seasons ago there would’ve been 10’000 less on the gate, no atmosphere & we’d of played at a much slower tempo, scraping a one goal win…..only downside was City giving them 100 seats in CB2 when there’s a thousand going spare in the away end
I think they have to -some sort of UEFA agreement

Second game running where we created 30 chances, so I don't see why anyone should say we didn't play well. Sure, we weren't clinical but we've now had 2 similar games and won both very comfortably 3-1 - and, we're still bedding in, and under full strength.
Happy days. Another couple of gears to find; players to come back; Pep to fire them up further - it's all good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.