Crystal Palace (A) - Mon 14th March, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it’s Covid, they’re probably waiting on the all clear.
They have gone from unavailable to illness and while I full appreciate the fact that players and the club would have a blanket policy or respecting the players right not to have his Covid status broadcast at pressers that Pep does if the player if given the all clear and is raring to go their must come a point in time where Covid isolation mandates will become a thing of the past.

of course in a football club at any level especially an elite level testing and isolation will be the norm for sometime I would think if the player has recovered in a couple of days then he should be able to train.

In the community at least here in oz with these latest two strains we have so many asymptomatic cases rightly or wrongly its being viewed as the flu or common cold in terms of how respond to it.

I have had the current strain twice and isolated both times and fortunately it hasn't hit me that hard but around 50 per cent at least in my suburb have contracted it even though officially only around 15 per cent have been recorded as cases.

They have gone from unavailable to illness and while I full appreciate the fact that players and the club would have a blanket policy or respecting the players right not to have his Covid status broadcast at pressers that Pep does if the player if given the all clear and is raring to go their must come a point in time where Covid isolation mandates will become a thing of the past.

of course in a football club at any level especially an elite level testing and isolation will be the norm for sometime I would think if the player has recovered in a couple of days then he should be able to train.

In the community at least here in oz with these latest two strains we have so many asymptomatic cases rightly or wrongly its being viewed as the flu or common cold in terms of how respond to it.

I have had the current strain twice and isolated both times and fortunately it hasn't hit me that hard but around 50 per cent at least in my suburb have contracted it even though officially only around 15 per cent have been recorded as cases.
I’m not getting into a Covid restriction debate with you.

If a member of our squad had the flu or norovirus, he would be isolated from the rest of the group to restrict further infection.

The same will be done for Covid.

I don't know if it's the old style stadium or the fact that the pitch somehow seems a lot smaller than other pitches in the PL but it's one of those grounds, a bit like Goodison, that always feels like it'll be difficult to play our normal game and get a result at.

As always with us, the first goal is so important. Haven't dropped a single point when we've taken the lead this season.

Looking forward to this, first city away game can anyone recommend any good pubs to go to before the game? cheers
MON THE CITEH

If your getting the train there and getting off at Norwood Junction theres a few close to the station, think ones called the Cherry tree.
Pretty sure Cherry Tree is home only, and crap anyway, if you like beer. I posted as below on another Palace thread...

Selhurst/Thornton Heath area really is a desert for decent pubs.
Like a couple of others have mentioned, you could do worse than drink around London Bridge/Borough, then take a fast train to Norwood Junction (11-13mins and nearest the ground). I'll probably be in the George in Croydon, one of the better 'spoons with generally good choice of real ale, and take the 4min train from E.Croydon to NJ.

Shelverdine Goathouse (ex spoons, now Antic on High St) did close for a while, now re-opened but only Volden beers last time I passed so I didn't bother. Handy though for pre-match drink if they let fans in.

Catching the 16:05 train from Bedford. Not sure whether to go straight to Palace or get off at Kings Cross and see if any blues are about there first? Where will you all be before the game?

Not sure how relevant a performance 3 years ago is to a fixture next week. Raz is not in form at the moment...back to being nervy in front of goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.