Crystal Palace (A) | Post-Match Thread

Wow do you know something we all dont :)
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised. I have always been a fan of Jesus and Raheem but I think Pep is totally ruthless and if he thinks we can get an upgrade he wouldn't hesitate. I also think Torres was excellent yesterday and will develop into a superb striker given the right coaching (which Pep will give him). I think the issue with Gabby may well be stamina, possibly not helped by his Covid illness. He just doesn't seem as sharp and his previously incredible workrate seems to have dipped a bit.

If someone is coming in it will be Sergio that's making way. His wages off the books will give us more room to bring in a younger replacement.

what i would like is 2 strikers coming in the summer because city have been short for a couple of seasons
jesus was the replacement step up player for aguero. but jesus is not a striker does not have that in his game
sterling is also not a striker and ok scores goals but boy he misses double if not more than he scores

manchester city and pep have to stop moving players into the striker role because of lack of options
haaland a somebody else has to come in the summer and delap can develop as the 3rd striker

torres will be given another season so its clear that sterling and jesus could be sold ? defo one of them will leave and if pep gets his strikers then both would be sold

what i would like is 2 strikers coming in the summer because city have been short for a couple of seasons
jesus was the replacement step up player for aguero. but jesus is not a striker does not have that in his game
sterling is also not a striker and ok scores goals but boy he misses double if not more than he scores

manchester city and pep have to stop moving players into the striker role because of lack of options
haaland a somebody else has to come in the summer and delap can develop as the 3rd striker

torres will be given another season so its clear that sterling and jesus could be sold ? defo one of them will leave and if pep gets his strikers then both would be sold
Pep is not interested in players who are solely strikers, he has always said he would play with 10 midfielders if he could. Foden and Torres fit that criteria, Kane and Haaland don’t. We could be in for a couple of surprise signings before next season.

Pep is not interested in players who are solely strikers, he has always said he would play with 10 midfielders if he could. Foden and Torres fit that criteria, Kane and Haaland don’t. We could be in for a couple of surprise signings before next season.

pep is the best manager in the world because of what he does and finds new ways to play every other season
but lets put this false 9 to bed because its only happing because pep lost the trust in sterling and jesus to score the goals that matter in big games. a fully match fit aguero plays every week for pep because of the goals he scores and has that big magic moment in him

haaland will fit 100% into city and pep setup and if we don't sign him then it could come back to haunt pep and city
but like i said we need 2 striker because of rotation and chances of injury to your main striker

Can't understand the suggestions that Sterling looked better - if a quality player saw that much ball good things would happen, a lot, but he is so consistently poor, running down blind alleys, giving away possession, never beating a man (as he used to do in scouse shirt) and reduced yesterday to wild strikes embarrassingly off target. He surely cannot get a new contract - we need that squad space for someone who can contribute.

Can't understand the suggestions that Sterling looked better - if a quality player saw that much ball good things would happen, a lot, but he is so consistently poor, running down blind alleys, giving away possession, never beating a man (as he used to do in scouse shirt) and reduced yesterday to wild strikes embarrassingly off target. He surely cannot get a new contract - we need that squad space for someone who can contribute.
If i did not know better i would say you were blinkered in your hate for Sterling, you ever thought that perhaps we have changed the way we play this season, a much slower build up play does not suit wingers, and Torres had the wildest shot it went off for a throw in, personally i would be very happy to see City finish the league campaign with Sterling , Jesus, Aguero and Torres all starting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.