Crystal Palace (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1 for us and the Dippers is my gut feeling.

Wouldn't be good enough. I'd be very disappointed with that. They've got a clear run from here on in after this weekend, as far as I can see. I expect them to get maximum points. Those four points they gained against Everton and Spurs from very late goalkeeper cock-ups hurt us. We need to put some clear daylight between ourselves and them so that the game in hand doesn't become so vital. Then, we could afford to draw at OT, and win the rest. And be champions.

The problem we have is that if Liverpool beat Chelsea, they'll be done with all their 'difficult', top 6 games and we'll still have two left. I'm sure they'd be delighted to be only a point behind us at that stage.

But they'd be a point behind and we'd still have a game in hand.

Praying Bernardo is fit for Sunday, we missed him big time on Tuesday. If he is not, I hope Pep does not play Mahrez, but I suspect he will.

We need to revert to our tried and trusted SAS front line on Sunday and ensure our tempo is right from the start. A repeat of the 2014 away league game please with the same result.

We need to get our aggression back for this game , Palace have nothing to play for and their win at our place was a fluke with Towmsends worldy goal , finally send a message to the Dippers by hammering Palace and going back to the top of the league , no half measures just batter them for 90 minutes and think about the Spuds games on Monday.

But they'd be a point behind and we'd still have a game in hand.
I meant they'd be a point behind assuming we won our game in hand... If we beat Palace and they beat Chelsea, they'd obviously be 2 points ahead at that stage, but would have played one more game, which I'm sure would make them very happy.

This won't be an easy game. They were fantastic at our ground. I've always thought that Palace are in a false position in the league, and have some good players, only let down by Benteke.
We will need to play really well to beat them.

This won't be an easy game. They were fantastic at our ground. I've always thought that Palace are in a false position in the league, and have some good players, only let down by Benteke.
They defended extremely well. Had three shots on target including a worldy (that 9/10 would have gone over) and rode their luck. Not taking anything away from their performance (honest lol) but can they do it twice in a season? We shall find out!

Fantastic? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.