Crystal Palace (A) - Sat 6th April, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, what is this poor form?
To be fair, five of those ten goals came from one game. My opinion isn't based on whatever the media says. He was poor versus Arsenal, Newcastle, and Liverpool, and up until his last-minute goal versus United, he was struggling to get involved in that game, too. He's world-class and is held to a higher standard than everyone else on the team, bar maybe Rodri or Kevin.

To be fair, five of those ten goals came from one game. My opinion isn't based on whatever the media says. He was poor versus Arsenal, Newcastle, and Liverpool, and up until his last-minute goal versus United, he was struggling to get involved in that game, too. He's world-class and is held to a higher standard than everyone else on the team, bar maybe Rodri or Kevin.

And 4 of them came in his previous 5 league games. So that's poor form?

Give it a rest. Enjoy him while we have him and stop moaning

He was poor versus Arsenal, Newcastle, and Liverpool, and up until his last-minute goal versus United, he was struggling to get involved in that game, too
He was playing against teams and defenders whose game plan was to stop him at all costs though. With the refs letting these CH's get away with fouling him most of the time, it makes it tough.

He will face the same tomorrow and on Tuesday, where that wanker Rudiger will get carte blanche to foul at will.

Palace have done better than most against us though they have done better at the Etihad than Selhurst Park. They have usually played counter attacking football but I don’t know how their new coach will setup tomorrow but most likely will try and hit us on the break.

As for us, it will be interesting to see what changes Pep makes. We could really do with more players stepping up with goals, this season Haaland, Foden, Alvarez and Rodri have been our main scorers and Alvarez is really off form. We could do with someone else going on a Gundogan style streak.

We should have enough tomorrow even with changes though we may have to be patient and clinical when the chances come.

You've just got to love the way Pep plays the media. He just, as this extract says, 'flat bats' them away. They're just like irritating little mosquitoes aren't they?
BBC website:
'Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola ended his news conference by flat-batting a number of questions - about the hectic fixture schedule and potential changes in how the Premier League will deal with punishments for breaking its profit and sustainability rules.

On PSR he said: "I don't have opinion. What they decide is fine for me. I don't have an opinion."

On the fixture schedule: "We are used to it. For many years it happened that way. We take one game at a time and don't give up. We are used to playing every three days, every month. It's not that we are new to European competition. Players know it and they handle it, for the large part. They each know what they have to do.

"We play [Crystal Palace] at 12.30pm on a Saturday - perfect, more time to the next game against Real Madrid for us to recover. We then play Saturday in the FA Cup - OK, it's not fair but we are going to do it."'

You tell 'em King Pep, you tell 'em. :-)
I had a chuckle when the guy asked about PSR. Pep’s body language was great. You knew that he was going to say what he said.

I may be one of the few, but the only change I would make from the Villa game is Alvarez for Haaland.

Not because I think Alvarez necessarily had as bad a performance as others contend, but because I want to see Erling “I have something to prove” Haaland out there with a more dynamic setup.

We will of course lose Alvarez’s pressing and some of the interchange up front but I think a very hungry Haaland could make up for that (whilst also creating a lot of space in front of Palace’s poor back four).

Give Kev and Stones 25 minutes in the second half whatever the scoreline for match fitness ahead of Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.