Crystal Palace (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
teams come to us with the mindset to avoid a thrashing, going behind does not mean going all out for an equalizer. City are much more careful about game management, a pragmatic approach that has seen our goals-for total being less than we are used to. We have the ability to smash and grab with lightning counter-attacks so very hard to predict the score, imo, the odds favour a i-0 to us. 3 points....

Am a bit nervous about this game, not least because of recent history.
I'd be a lot calmer if we can stop Zaha and Eze ( I note, very highly rated by Rodney Marsh) at source and stop them getting into dangerous dribbling positions.
I'd bring Fernandinho in and put Rodri on the bench. Sterling, Jesus and Phil up top, unless Torres is fit enough to start

They always come with a plan to stifle us and nick one, if they can, which makes it so puzzling why they get such good results against us...because EVERY club does that!

They have had sparks this year, but on the whole have looked bang average. If Zaha and Benteke play, with Eze in behind, we need to nullify those threats. Beyond that, they’re a bunch of mostly negative grafters, whom we should be able to beat, at home, 9 times out of 10...but we don’t...which means (given the games we have had) should mean a tight 1-0 or we do ‘em for 5 or 6!!

As you can see, I’m finding it very, very hard to know how this banana skin will turn out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.