Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bringing my son for his first game today. He’s 7 (same age as I was for my first at Maine Road)
Going to the kids fanzone at the academy stadium. Has anyone been before? It says 11:30 but we won’t get there until 12:30ish will they still let us in etc?

Thanks

Do tickets not go on general sale anymore? Looking at the Spurs game but noticed todays game is still showing as membership only…

We’ve been doing it for five years. It’s one of our major reasons we’ve won so many trophies.

This was last season’s average player positions for our team:

View attachment 53997

One game John Stones played in that role as the right back in midfield.

The reason Newcastle had joy against us last week was because we gave the ball away too much. Our passing went from 91.3% and 91.4% against West Ham and Bournemouth, respectively; to 85.5% against Newcastle. If we keep the ball better, we win that game against Newcastle, and nobody thinks about the full backs playing in midfield.
I agree but West Ham and Bournemouth did not press us high, Newcastle did.

Just read that Zaha is in the last 12 months of his contract

Wrong thread I know but worth a punt?
Not for me

If he was much younger and pep had time to really work with him for a good period of time then it wouldn’t be the worst idea

He’s about as good as he’s ever going to her at this point and not really on our level

I read he is. Got injured towards end of their last game and subbed off apparently. I hope he’s out he always plays quite well against us.
'Premier league injuries.com' has him as 25% likely to play?

The rumour he's likely to miss the game seems to be from the Athletic.

Sometimes rumours are deliberately spread to make the opposition uncertain about a line up or less prepared? Zaha is a key player for Palace, we should prepare as if he's playing.

Maybe if he's got a minor knock he will start on the bench, with Vierra perhaps chancing him as an impact sub against tired legs, if the game is tight late on, or resting him altogether if we have a healthy lead?

With or without Zaha we will be the better team with the better manager and the better players and tactics.

We will play the better football.

We might even win.

JJ
100%. Zaha being out is a bonus for us though. He is their main man by a country mile, Our lads will be happy his name isn't on the team sheet that's for sure.

But as you said either way we would be the better team. Just go out and get the job done that's all that matters. We are due a win against Palace.

bringing my son for his first game today. He’s 7 (same age as I was for my first at Maine Road)
Going to the kids fanzone at the academy stadium. Has anyone been before? It says 11:30 but we won’t get there until 12:30ish will they still let us in etc?

Thanks

Hope he loves it mate

Not for me

If he was much younger and pep had time to really work with him for a good period of time then it wouldn’t be the worst idea

He’s about as good as he’s ever going to her at this point and not really on our level
I guess there's a reason no big club has ever gone for him since his disastrous spell at the rags

Without Zaha and Gallagher it is certainly a different team from last season, as they both caused us problems. Palace are a very well organised team and obviously Vieira knows so much about our strengths and weaknesses. However, I feel that we have got so much strength in our midfield and forwards that we should be able to get a comfortable win. Hope that Erling can bag a couple today. I’m going 3-0 City. Let’s get behind the lads and create a good atmosphere again.

I am assuming today will be another difficult one. From what iv read and heard pep isn't going to change the tactics that have gotten us into trouble at the back, he wants the guys to learn.... and Palace have saha who can exploit this positions. I think draw maybe today or a difficult win.
Cheer yourself up Mr Tubster :-)

The general consensus is that Saha isn’t playing and, with regards to how Pep will set us up, you just never know - so no point in worrying about something that might never happen eh?

IMO there’s too much needless gloom on here, and I’m guessing that’s because of our recent results against this lot, but I recon we’ve got a few new tools to undo them with and I’m looking forward to it with keen anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.