Crystal Palace (H) - Sat 27th Aug 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right what's everyone's opinion on this inverted full backs tactic? It worked against West Ham but was exposed to great effect by Newcastle when for quite a period they were overrunning us with every attack. I fear similar on Saturday against the pace of Palace's attacks if we play the same way.
We’ve been doing it for five years. It’s one of our major reasons we’ve won so many trophies.

This was last season’s average player positions for our team:

FB185C16-EBED-4A35-9E78-3E31AF615454.jpeg

One game John Stones played in that role as the right back in midfield.

The reason Newcastle had joy against us last week was because we gave the ball away too much. Our passing went from 91.3% and 91.4% against West Ham and Bournemouth, respectively; to 85.5% against Newcastle. If we keep the ball better, we win that game against Newcastle, and nobody thinks about the full backs playing in midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
By not making any subs last Sunday to playing a ridiculous game on Wednesday we have now made the game more difficult against palace . I know we don’t like to criticise pep but he really knows to put backs against us he wall. Like this Bernardo silva business when it goes quiet when hen suddenly pep says silva loves the city I mean why would he bring that up with seven days before the window shuts . Pep is one if the greats but he isn’t immune to making shit decisions .
That game mid-week couldn’t have come at a better time. We didn’t really have a pre-season and the players need more minutes in their legs.

Pep didn't mention Philips as possible player getting injured, so are he ready to be on bench today?
Phillips is having a late fitness test ahead of this game, but Rodri would almost certainly be playing whether Phillips is fit or not.

Three points today and get out of there. It’s all that matters. Not arsed about style of play etc.
Palace are a very good team and a bogey side for us.

I’m missing the game due to covid, quite thankful tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.