Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Bottle jobs

Lost their mettle

How many lost points, no composure

Write off season, which after last year isn't too shocking

But hard to take all the same
I do believe we are suffering mental fatigue from last years effort. As long as we reboot, we will be ok but maybe next year. Plenty of youngsters coming through, Doku is great, Nunes beginning to look the part. We can hardly complain, every club would give their eye teeth to do what we have done.

This group of players have let the treble go to their heads.

They think they just need to turn up and stroll around for a win.

That whole game today was littered with mistakes, even when we were 2 nil up. We look a shadow of the team we used to be. 4 in row???? 4th place more like!!

I do believe we are suffering mental fatigue from last years effort. As long as we reboot, we will be ok but maybe next year. Plenty of youngsters coming through, Doku is great, Nunes beginning to look the part. We can hardly complain, every club would give their eye teeth to do what we have done.

Agree and find it weird that pep has played Walker a 33 year old every game apart from 1 I think!

It's like before the World Cup last season pep was playing weird teams but after the World Cup and few bad games he went to four centre backs and we went on a long run of wins

There was one point second half when Foden, Alvarez and Grealish were so slow to get back in position. Are we not fit enough for the last 15 mins of games? Some players seem to be struggling with staying at it for 95 mins.
The top and tail of it is this team's not at it. Patchy form with a little pattern developing of not seeing games out. 2nd half of the season needs a bit of a turnaround tbh.

Our style of relentless passing to each other for no effect is boring as fuck, there I said it. Football is about entertainment and watching tip tap crap is mind numbing. Doku and even Hamilton could have got behind their defence and created chances. Foden,Alvarez,Bernie and Grealish offer no variety and are risk averse.
We have had some exciting teams under Pep, Sane, Raz, David and Sergio fantastic. I loved Wednesday. Young players willing to gave a go. Loved it. Today in the ground I thought we were boring, where has our attacking instinct gone? Pass, pass, pass, surely Pep must not be happy with this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.