Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Just watched the highlights on motd this morning. The two goals we conceded are criminal. Piss weak defending by Dias and Ake for the first, both manhandled and bullied like school kids. For the second it's just utter nonsense. Foden dribbling into a pile of bodies and losing the ball, then Bernardo doing a Cruyff turn on the touchline and losing it leading to the penalty. We are fucking about taking unnecessary risks with seconds to go and going half heartedly into challenges as if it's a nothing training game. We are coasting on the back of winning the treble and have forgotten the fight, sweat and mental toughness that won it for us. Lazy and slipshod all over the pitch. We need to fucking wake up and quickly.
Still don’t get how Alvarez goal was disallowed, Rodri did not go in front of the keeper, was he offside when kicked yes, but he didn’t touch the ball and the keeper had clear line of sight.

The fans were dire self entitled. Not interested not vocal. This team of world class stars needed our support to lift them over the line. We bossed that game with some good football played at times. The fans start leaving on 80 minutes. Around me I saw multiple fans on their phones. This is an amazing team sadly I can’t say of the home crowd.the away crowd are brilliant.

Was in the legends lounge yesterday 4 didnt come back out for the second half !. As for the phones that made me almost walk out lol

I've just been looking through BBC sport and it tells me that Liverpool have won 18 points from losing positions this season. I haven't checked to see if this is true but it highlights City's failing in glorious technicolour; in the last 6 games City have dropped 8 points, 6 of them being dropped in stoppage time. Six points would put us 3 points ahead of Liverpool before they play this afternoon and 8 points would put us at least 2 points clear at the top AFTER their game this afternoon. In other words Liverpool should be winning points from losing positions and not even keeping up with us! City need to get it sorted quickly.

Because of Phil going into Phil Frauden mode and giving the ball away needlessly.

We need a midfielder who can play TWENTY THOUSAND MILLION cushioned easily controllable passes like Gundo and David did for the first seven years of Pep.
If I've told posters once, I've told them a thousand times; don't exaggerate just for effect's sake.

I've just been looking through BBC sport and it tells me that Liverpool have won 18 points from losing positions this season. I haven't checked to see if this is true but it highlights City's failing in glorious technicolour; in the last 6 games City have dropped 8 points, 6 of them being dropped in stoppage time. Six points would put us 3 points ahead of Liverpool before they play this afternoon and 8 points would put us at least 2 points clear at the top AFTER their game this afternoon. In other words Liverpool should be winning points from losing positions and not even keeping up with us! City need to get it sorted quickly.
A lot of title winning wiggle room has been used up with these draws, really disappointing.

Yet more self-inflicted pain yesterday.

I keep questioning whether it's one of the three things below;

- The 10% isn't there mentally at the moment (not aggressive enough in the boxes)
- Injuries and the patchwork nature of our team throughout this season
- Players just worn out

Palace were incredibly deep, but arguably well set up. We did the hardest part, which was establishing a two goal lead. They were still time-wasting in the 76th minute before the first goal!

Pep often says he won't make changes because the players are doing ok, or controlling the game. At 70 minutes we were in control, but there was a clear complacency setting in, on the pitch and in the stands. That ridiculous phone light thing (which we've had in the past from groups of kids on a school trip in a CL dead rubber) and our football just went off a cliff, playing in a dire horseshoe shape - Dias to Ake, Ake to Gvardiol and the back the way to Walker.

There was a time to make changes, maybe Kovacic and Nunes to either alter the defending Palace had to do, or give us more running power. Rico had done well, but we weren't causing them problems anymore. After his goal we barely had a shot.

The first goal is dire - play into the big man and work off him, no pressure on the ball and then Walker & Dias allow them into the space for the cross.

Once that went in, we lost control of the game. Palace were getting out too easy, made subs to give them impetus and then got their break with the penalty. Stupid giveaways from Foden & Bernardo and caught out yet again.

I don't think you can't go through a PL game making minimal changes anymore - other teams will make 5 subs and change the game. Look through this season - even Bournemouth at 4-0 down brought on reasonable quality and went for it.

We did have another midfield and attack combination yesterday, but there was depth there to make subs across the pitch.

There is a definite complacency at the moment - remember Pep and his 'happy flowers team' comments? It's worth looking up, because we're in the same spot now.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...all-news/pep-guardiola-man-city-news-26103284

I really struggle with the exodus at 38-40 minutes and on 90 minutes yesterday. We were 2-1 up in a must-win game, yet people just left in droves. But the players and the crowd work from each other - is it the dire football from 70 minutes that forced that, or just a general complacency across all of us?

Pep, the players and the supporters - we all need that fire back.
Good post. Agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.