Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on liv-che result - if dippers win I think we'll get a flat city performance but hoping I'm wrong. Just can't see Chelsea putting in a performance.

MUST start Jovetic. He has the ability to add the creativeness we will miss in Silva plus he has the added benefit of shooting ability. He is not shy to shoot which silva and to some degree Nasri are.

For whatever reason City seemingly have always had a problem with Tony Pullis' teams. It is vital City win this game and they will have to do it without David Silva and possibly without Kun Aguero and Yaya Toure. City must keep up the tempo and quit back passing like they did for 60 minutes of the game v. West Brom. Nasri has started dithering around again and slowing up the play like he did when he first came to the Etihad. He was so much more decisive at the beginning of this season but he slowed up City's attacks time and again last night. Nasri has to take over David's role as the quick distributor with one-touch passing that Silva is so effective at.

----------------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zabaleta----------Kompany--------Demichelis--------Kolarov
---------------------Garcia--------------------Fernandinho---------
Jovetic-------------------------Yaya-----------------------------Nasri
--------------------------------Aguero---------------------------------

Kippaxgirl said:
For whatever reason City seemingly have always had a problem with Tony Pullis' teams. It is vital City win this game and they will have to do it without David Silva and possibly without Kun Aguero and Yaya Toure. City must keep up the tempo and quit back passing like they did for 60 minutes of the game v. West Brom. Nasri has started dithering around again and slowing up the play like he did when he first came to the Etihad. He was so much more decisive at the beginning of this season but he slowed up City's attacks time and again last night. Nasri has to take over David's role as the quick distributor with one-touch passing that Silva is so effective at.
Nasri does nothing quick! He just slooooows the game down........

Lancet Fluke said:
schfc6 said:
Palace, have won 5 on the spin, statistically they are highly unlikely to win 6.

I really want to discuss this point but I don't know where to start. I can't decide whether it is a good point or whether it is utter horse shit.

The "statistically" part is horse shit. Just cos I have thrown 5 fives on a die, it doesn't change the probability of a sixth.

In practice, there is some serial correlation between games but it can cut both ways. On the plus side is confidence, form and momentum. Against that is the fact that Palace are safe and their intensity may lapse.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm --<br /><br />
super_city_si said:
MUST start Jovetic. He has the ability to add the creativeness we will miss in Silva plus he has the added benefit of shooting ability. He is not shy to shoot which silva and to some degree Nasri are.

I think there is very little chance that MP will start Jovetic. He sees him as a Kun replacement, not supplement. Plus there is a genuine argument that with a side who plays a fair amount of long ball, you want someone with height who is good in the air; and Dzeko has definitely proved more than useful in defending setpieces. I think Yaya for Garcia and Navas (if fit) for Silva are the only changes we will see. Or if Navas not fit, then Milner or Garcia (personally i would also pick Milner).

Ban-jani said:
----------------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zabaleta----------Kompany--------Demichelis--------Kolarov
---------------------Garcia--------------------Fernandinho---------
Jovetic-------------------------Yaya-----------------------------Nasri
--------------------------------Aguero---------------------------------

If those players cannot beat Palace, there's something not right. I mean look at it. A front 4 that any team barring perhaps Barca or Real would be happy to field.

I.bleed.blue said:
dctid said:
Pullis teams will press far far more than WBA did tonight lets just hope that the team is prepared to break into a fucking sweat rather than the pedestrian stroll of the second half tonight otherwise i see a fucking huge banana skin
Hopefully - because if they press more and further up the pitch it will leave more space for our midfield and strikers to work in. I am confident that our players have the technical skills and mentality to deal with this approach. Also a hard pressing game will be physically wearing on the Palace players - expect to see more and more space for us in the second half.

(Palace Fan) Soem of you seem to understand the way Palace paly, but underestimate it...

We will not, especially against Man City who have the penetration they have, go forward. We will sit back, impeccably organised, deal with anything that goes in the box, and look to counter through Jerome, Bolasie, Puncheon and Chamackh or Ledley....

Also, we will not tire, I didnt think we would be able to, but we do not seem to lapse concentration, but when we do we have a great keeper to help us out in Julian Speroni...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.