Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Maurinho playing mind games with us or Liverpool, talking about playing a weakened team v Liverpool ?

East15East said:
Is Maurinho playing mind games with us or Liverpool, talking about playing a weakened team v Liverpool ?

i'm afraid he's dead serious. They're out of the title race and have this chance to make another CL final so why not field a weakened team for Sunday ?

johnson28392 said:
East15East said:

i'm afraid he's dead serious. They're out of the title race and have this chance to make another CL final so why not field a weakened team for Sunday ?

When was it announced that they were out of the title race ?

johnson28392 said:
East15East said:

They're not yet out of the title race. If they beat Liverpool then Liverpool may well crumble and lose against Palace.
He will be expecting us to drop points probably at either Palace or Everton (or both). There is also still the chance that
they could finish 5th. Remote maybe but he can't put all his eggs in the winning the CL basket.

Santiago Street . said:
johnson28392 said:
East15East said:

When was it announced that they were out of the title race ?

When they lost to Sunderland.

Pulis has truly gone in there, got the boys organised and made them hard to beat.

I predict 90 minutes of stressing with an eventual 1-0 defeat courtesy of a last-minute breakaway goal that spoons in off Kompany's thigh.

You heard it here first.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
johnson28392 said:
East15East said:

They're not yet out of the title race. If they beat Liverpool then Liverpool may well crumble and lose against Palace.
He will be expecting us to drop points probably at either Palace or Everton (or both). There is also still the chance that
they could finish 5th. Remote maybe but he can't put all his eggs in the winning the CL basket.

Don't be silly. They're all but out of it and he knows it.

Besides, Chelsea reserves aren't that bad. Mikel and Lampard are banned for the next CL game so they'll be available. And the back four won't change as there's not much running for them to do.

ivanovic-cahill-luiz-cole
-------------matic-----------
salah-lamps-mikel--shurle
--------------Ba-----------------

They'll go there and park the bus Crystal Palace style. It'll be a great feeling when Liverpool drop two points. If they drop three points it'll be even better but I'd be happy with two points dropped.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
johnson28392 said:
East15East said:

If he had Cech, Terry, Hazard and Eto'o available I reckon he would go for the league as well but now I doubt it very much.

Chelsea absolutely have to win at Anfield, a draw is no good, whilst in the Champions League he is 90 mins away from being in the final and anything goes in a final.

If all fit:

----------------------------------Hart---------------------------
Zabaleta----------Kompany--------Demichelis--------Kolarov
---------------------Garcia--------------------Fernandinho---------
Milner-------------------------Yaya-----------------------------Navas
--------------------------------Aguero---------------------------------

We need strength and high work rate against these, if we don't piss about and make defensive errors we should be alright. Thats a big if though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.