Crystal Palace's 'No Goal'

cyberblue said:
To be fair to the ref its not inconcievable that he blinked/someone blocked his view of the shot and then the next thing he see is the ball coming back from goal. He probably thought it hit the post

Linesmen?

MTAM said:
cyberblue said:
To be fair to the ref its not inconcievable that he blinked/someone blocked his view of the shot and then the next thing he see is the ball coming back from goal. He probably thought it hit the post

Linesmen?

Same thing, if all you see(for whatever reason) is a shot then the ball coming away from goal what is he supposed to give? Ive said it before and will say it again TUFF SHIT! these things happen always have always will. We can get men on the monn but still no-one can say definatley if that goal in 1966 went ove the line. sould we wait 40+ years for every goal line disision?

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Like Warnock said its Palace, i will just be forgotten about, if it was a big game and that happened there would be a riot.

Imagine Fergie's reaction, if this happened to United! If it did mind you, they would definitely put in goal line technology.

I really feel for Warnock, because that is an absolute disgrace. This and the Watford-Reading ghost goal, should just not be happening in this day and age.

Unknown_Genius said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Like Warnock said its Palace, i will just be forgotten about, if it was a big game and that happened there would be a riot.

Imagine Fergie's reaction, if this happened to United! If it did mind you, they would definitely put in goal line technology.

I really feel for Warnock, because that is an absolute disgrace. This and the Watford-Reading ghost goal, should just not be happening in this day and age.

Bang on! Just got in and im pissed and can see its a goal!

Every major sport you can think of now uses technology to help officials make the right decision.

Almost all of those sports had wankers saying that it would 'disrupt the play' too much or that it would take away from the authority of the referee or that wrong decisions are part of the game.

I can't think of a single example where, after a period of bedding in, they have been proved to be right and the technolgy has not helped the game.

I don't watch football to see good play go unrewarded because the officials, possibly through no fault of their own, are not able to tell what happened. I go to see participants rewarded for their good play and given what they deserve.

Football is run by nobheads and the sooner they give into the introduction of technology and stop making out it is a special case, the better.

If the best argument that you can come up with is "but it makes for good conversation for 20 stone alchies in the pub afterwards" then you know you are on dodgy ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.