Crystal Palace's 'No Goal'

Has anyone considered that the real problm here, is the goal structure? The old onion bag? In this case the ball struck the stanchion. So it's not an onion bag, it's a net with metal supports. Dumb. Get real goal posts and a big net held out by EXTERIOR poles & chords. Then the ball would have stayed in.

Having said that, it really is time that there was an additional official, with video review. But for me, it has to be just for goals. No offsides, no penalty overturning... just goals. This is a travesty.

Ban the officiating crew for life.

Was all kicking off with comments by Jordon calling Bristol City Cheats and City's chairman responding "well, its Jordon isnt it".

No love lost.

This time though, although i cant stand Warnock, you do agree with him that fans have paid money to travel, he has players busting a gut and this happens.

Officials seem to be getting worse each season, we have all seen shocking decisisions most weeks but to not be able to tell its a goal or not is not on. Cameras are at every ground now, i mean what exactly does the 4th official do for 90 mins, surely he can be responsible for a video reply of such incidents like in Rugby. It would take less time to view the incident that it would having to stop the players running to you to complain.

We shouldnt need technology to show that it was a goal. It went 4 foot over the line FFS, how anyone could have missed that is behond me.

im dissapointed at bristol citys players really,wheres the sportsmanship in that??? they bloody knew it went in,you can see the reaction,not one of them had the balls to tell the ref!!
the captain shouldve sorted it an told the ref,it was a goal,smacks of desperation really................booooooooo!!!!!!

wisinc said:
Has anyone considered that the real problm here, is the goal structure? The old onion bag? In this case the ball struck the stanchion. So it's not an onion bag, it's a net with metal supports. Dumb. Get real goal posts and a big net held out by EXTERIOR poles & chords. Then the ball would have stayed in.
wisinc said:
Having said that, it really is time that there was an additional official, with video review. But for me, it has to be just for goals. No offsides, no penalty overturning... just goals. This is a travesty.

Ban the officiating crew for life.

Couldnt agree more mate.

It was interesting watching Sunday Supplement this morning, Shaun Custis said Bristol City's players were "a disgrace" for not telling the ref it was a goal (I agree, btw), then a few minutes later someone else mentioned Mendes for Spuds at that shithole a few years ago, and he seemed to pipe down instead of saying "yes United were a disgrace that night as well". Terrified and in awe of Fergie, a very telling moment

How about this for a rule:

3 appeals each, every unsuccessful appeal results in the teams losing an appeal.

TO appeal, players of a team must tell the captain what happened, and he alone must make the appeal, no-one else.

Minimum time added on per appeal is 1 min, unless the appeal takes longer (This will cut out time wasting apppeals).

Appeals can only be made at a stoppage in play, therefore the game is not disrupted.

If play contunies, and an appeal is successful, the time from the continued play must be added on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.