CSKA Post Match Thread

cookster said:
littlemarkyc said:
Pigeonho said:
Absolutely not, but chippy boy is saying we won't win anything. Well we are already better off than this time in our championship winning year.
Edit. Littlemarkyc.

Quoting points vs last year is complete bollox, it's irrelevant. Are you saying if we get he same points as last year you'll be happy even if we finish 3rd or 4th?? We are not playing anywhere near the level we were last season and haven't got out I 3rd gear yet. In my opinion half the reason for that is we are carrying yaya....on his day he's unplayable, however he's been dire this season and causes us to be wide open so often. We have strengthened at the back and in defensive midfield and yet can't keep a clean sheet.....he is the main reason for that. If you can't see it don't blame me pal.

You're falling into the troll trap. Don't feed, just ignore.
What are you talking about?

bitterblue said:
There are a few things things that make me wonder about our manager, I can't for the life of me understand why we don't go 1 up front and 5 across the midfield in all european games, especially as we have great attacking players in that dept. All the top teams play this way in Europe, you cannot afford to let even average teams in Europe outnumber you in midfield because most are adept at keeping the ball, Chelsea tonight at home for example played 5 across the middle.

I have also a few times wondered if our manager has personally been to watch our opponents play as some of his team selections have made me think he hasn't. Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to worry about them and just let them worry about us, which I think is unprofessional, if true.

The main reason we don't compete in Europe is our inability to work hard as a team to win the ball back when we lose it. We give teams too much time and room, our work rate as a team when trying to win the ball back, is nowhere near as good as Bayern, dusseldorf or Barcelona, and we won't do anything in Europe until the penny drops
I would say the only time we have looked anything like lsst season was against Chelsea, apart from that we have been at 70% .

blueinsa said:
city 'til i cry said:
It's sad to read City fans calling the players, the manager and falling out with each other over this shit bent competition. It's not worth it.

The refereeing in Europe's flagship event is abysmal and was in evidence tonight yet again. The red gives a pen to Dzeko and it's over.

This!

Bollocks

We are shit in Europe full stop, from the manager through the team, end of

BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:
city 'til i cry said:
It's sad to read City fans calling the players, the manager and falling out with each other over this shit bent competition. It's not worth it.

The refereeing in Europe's flagship event is abysmal and was in evidence tonight yet again. The red gives a pen to Dzeko and it's over.

This!

This what? At HT we were 2-0 up. Analyse why we could not go on to win the game from this point or why we lost control of the game. Blaming the ref will not profit us one bit. At 2-0 we should be controlling the game and not giving the ref the chance to award a dodgy pen. Loss of control is where it went wrong. The ref is just the icing on a turd cake.
Seriously moaning at refs has become a bad habit.When you give up 2 goals lead there is only one person to blame.. manager.
The one responsible to "Manage the game"

cleavers said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thank fuck for Bayern, they might even take pity on us again and send their third string to us.

Shades of Naples all over again.
Not entirely.

Firstly we need to do our job against CSKA at home, I'll be surprised if the players let them off the hook again.

Assuming Bayern don't play the stiffs against Roma, and somehow drop points, we'll go into the Bayern game ahead of Roma on points, and Roma still have to play in Moscow.

If we match (or better) Roma's result in Moscow, against Bayern (a Roma win is not a certainty), then we go to Rome only needing a draw, as GD would settle it, because our head to head with Roma is the same (2 draws).

Yes lots of ifs and buts, but I think we're better in a slightly better position IF we beat CSKA at home, and if we don't, we don't deserve to get anything from this season.

I worried Roma might nick a point tonight, luckily they got well and truly mullered, and I doubt any of us saw that result coming.

Yep, gotta feelin that 7-1 result has turned everything round again. Feeling a lot happier after that

We will never succeed in Europe with Yaya in a midfield two and playing Silva with two strikers.

It's mystifying that two well known tacticians, Mancini and Pellegrini, have made this same mistake so often in the CL. It's gone past the point of irritating me.

I am not stating I am a tactical genius. They have forgotten more about the football than I will ever know about the game.

BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:
city 'til i cry said:

This!

This what? At HT we were 2-0 up. Analyse why we could not go on to win the game from this point or why we lost control of the game. Blaming the ref will not profit us one bit. At 2-0 we should be controlling the game and not giving the ref the chance to award a dodgy pen. Loss of control is where it went wrong. The ref is just the icing on a turd cake.

Before the game many said, don't care how poor we are, just get the win. Well 2nd half we were fucking dog shit poor but still about to win the game. As for giving the ref a chance? The **** fell over in the box and it wasn't even a challenge. That's not giving the ref an excuse or opportunity,my hats fucking cheating.

Fuck all we can do when it's so blatant!

Sure we need to improve but fuck me, so do the fucking refs in this corrupt competition!

Pigeonho said:
cookster said:
littlemarkyc said:
Quoting points vs last year is complete bollox, it's irrelevant. Are you saying if we get he same points as last year you'll be happy even if we finish 3rd or 4th?? We are not playing anywhere near the level we were last season and haven't got out I 3rd gear yet. In my opinion half the reason for that is we are carrying yaya....on his day he's unplayable, however he's been dire this season and causes us to be wide open so often. We have strengthened at the back and in defensive midfield and yet can't keep a clean sheet.....he is the main reason for that. If you can't see it don't blame me pal.

You're falling into the troll trap. Don't feed, just ignore.
What are you talking about?

Your trolling, pretty easy to comprehend.

BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:
city 'til i cry said:

This!

There was an element of 'its a bit parky out here -I don't fancy this" amongst our team...Our players were slipping on the surface -there's weren't.

cleavers said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thank fuck for Bayern, they might even take pity on us again and send their third string to us.

Shades of Naples all over again.
Not entirely.

Firstly we need to do our job against CSKA at home, I'll be surprised if the players let them off the hook again.

Assuming Bayern don't play the stiffs against Roma, and somehow drop points, we'll go into the Bayern game ahead of Roma on points, and Roma still have to play in Moscow.

If we match (or better) Roma's result in Moscow, against Bayern (a Roma win is not a certainty), then we go to Rome only needing a draw, as GD would settle it, because our head to head with Roma is the same (2 draws).

Yes lots of ifs and buts, but I think we're better in a slightly better position IF we beat CSKA at home, and if we don't, we don't deserve to get anything from this season.

I worried Roma might nick a point tonight, luckily they got well and truly mullered, and I doubt any of us saw that result coming.

I agree mate with all of the above.

But what's the point? We'll draw Dortmund or Real or Barca or someone decent again and we all know how that will end. I am getting close to caring about this as much as I care about England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.