CSKA Post Match Thread

Struck by the poorness of our passing in recent weeks. There's a genuine lack of fluency about our play and all players are guilty of conceding possession and attempting ridiculously ambitious balls that rarely come off. Need to get back to basics in the next few games and just keep the ball.

I haven't seen much reference to our first half performance which showed this formation and team up for what it is.

An eight minute period, aside, added to the usual nauseating sideways passing, and we were overrun every time Moscow broke from the edge of their own 18 yard box.

Toure and Silva failed to get back and Pellegrini is showing blind faith in a system that will not work.

We have had the warning signs this season in the league, the word is out that even average teams (Stoke could have had three) can now counter us.

United may well be shit, but we are walking on to an absolute haymaker if we don't wake up.

They have far too much pace in the forward areas not to cause us panic.

No doubt, we'll hear the usual lip service from Komps and the other players between now and Saturday, and we'll no doubt bounce back at West Ham.

Thank fuck for Bayern, they might even take pity on us again and send their third string to us.

Shades of Naples all over again.

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
Another smacked arse. We are better off in the league then this time last year, and if it wasn't for Chelsea having improved massively, we would be top. We can't control what they do, but to be better off already, albeit a point, wipes your rent out of the water completely.

Good performance a decent point tonight eh pige.
Absolutely not, but chippy boy is saying we won't win anything. Well we are already better off than this time in our championship winning year.
Edit. Littlemarkyc.
Chelsea will lose just one or two games all season. So we need to be doing better than last season to even challenge, we will have to achieve a good number more points to win it this year.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Pigeonho said:
BobKowalski said:
The two issues are not mutually exclusive. We do have a weakness in defence. We had it last season too but our strategy is to overwhelm with superior players/firepower and in the PL we invariably make it work. In the CL this strategy does not work. This season in the PL we now have a comparable opponent in Chelsea so it remains to be seen whether we make it work again.

But in the CL what we do now simply does not work and hoping it does is not a viable plan.
Let's have it right, CSKA and Roma would represent, at present, Palace and Southampton respectively. We should be beating both these teams, we being the players.
Totally agree. Our players are proving to be spineless and lacking nous in Europe under two different managers. Pellegrini has done well in Europe with two other teams that lacked the depth of our squad's talent. I know who I'm angry with and it's not the manager.
Some want the manager out. Unbelievable, but seeing as us place represents Rawk now, you're on,y allowed to say what you're told.

KippaxCitizen said:
Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
Good performance a decent point tonight eh pige.
Absolutely not, but chippy boy is saying we won't win anything. Well we are already better off than this time in our championship winning year.
Edit. Littlemarkyc.
Chelsea will lose just one or two games all season. So we need to be doing better than last season to even challenge, we will have to achieve a good number more points to win it this year.
We are doing better.

Marvin said:
I don't think it would have made any difference how many defenders we had on

Our game fell to pieces. It's not organisation but mental focus and belief

7-1 now to Bayern! Is that good or bad? Bit frustrating thinking what might have been, but I'm more confident we can qualify now than I was at Kick Off.

But if you are organised that helps your focus which enhances your belief and consequently your organisation. It's a virtuous circle. Lose your organisation you lose control and you start to panic and make mistakes and everything goes to pot which is what happened in the second half.

We do not have the team set up and the organisation to prosper in the CL. We don't have the mentality either but that may come when we have the structure and gameplay that gets results on a consistent basis in the CL.

I just don't know why it is, but in Europe we have not so lost our mojo, we have put it in a box, set Fire to it, shot it, sat on it and buried it. We have completely eliminated any hint of mojo,

Have you ever seen Silva give the ball away so much? Zabaletta with that *ridiculous* ball across the park to the opposition? Yaya doing a bad impersonation of Scott Parker. Actually worse than Scott Parker.

Just dreadful. Again.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I wonder how we might have done tonight against Maribor or Bate?
Is this where we are at now?

We can't beat an average CSKA team so we start looking at teams from the next level down.

The way it's looking you will find out in Feb when we draw them. If we don't beat them are you going to start asking about Barry Town?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I haven't seen much reference to our first half performance which showed this formation and team up for what it is.

An eight minute period, aside, added to the usual nauseating sideways passing, and we were overrun every time Moscow broke from the edge of their own 18 yard box.

Toure and Silva failed to get back and Pellegrini is showing blind faith in a system that will not work.

We have had the warning signs this season in the league, the word is out that even average teams (Stoke could have had three) can now counter us.

United may well be shit, but we are walking on to an absolute haymaker if we don't wake up.

They have far too much pace in the forward areas not to cause us panic.

No doubt, we'll hear the usual lip service from Komps and the other players between now and Saturday, and we'll no doubt bounce back at West Ham.

Thank fuck for Bayern, they might even take pity on us again and send their third string to us.

Shades of Naples all over again.

Not only Stoke, if Spurs had a half decent striker we could have conceded 4-5 against them.

We're not good enough to compete against Europe's elite teams. With continued proper management we'll be there in 6-9 years (just my estimate).
What ticks me off when comparing our CL games to others is difference in pace and pressing. There isn't much science in it, just stamina and all-in team effort. No excuse not doing that.
I see many blame pellegrini but part of his charm is that he wants to win playing attractive attacking football. I'd much rather watch that than anti-football mourinho has his teams playing.
We're in this for the long haul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.