CSKA Post Match Thread

Nothing but a display of arrogance. 2 - 0 doesn't mean you've won. Just that you have a chance of winning. It's happened to often!!!

Chippy_boy said:
Christ we get a shit penalty decision. It happens. The overreaction on here is unbelievable. Especially considering the circumstances.

Nice try Einstein but if I wanted to overreact I'd be screaming Agenda! from the rooftops and saying UEFA don't want us to do well in the CL and are sending out bent refs to stop us. Instead I've simply stated that poor refereeing cost us dearly last night. It happens.

Anyway you carry on with your wanton negativity and blame everything on our players/staff blame game. I've come to expect nothing else from everything you post.

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
So do we have to wait for refereeing to improve before we can be successful in Europe?

Or is there just a small chance that perhaps we could look at ourselves and what we can do to win a game

I'm not sure how you legislate for a blatant non penalty given as a penalty with less than five minutes to play. I'm not disputing that collectively the players were poor in the second half, however I also am not going to hang them out to dry as that was pretty much our strongest available selection and I fucking rate them. So I won't be buying into the Pellegrini/Vinny/Dzeko/Yaya/Silva/Milner is shit and we need to get rid narrative either.

Christ we drew a fucking football match. It happens. The overreaction on here is unbelievable. Especially considering the circumstances.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush, ive not hung any individual out to dry, and when were good im the first on here to give them the praise they deserve.

But also if I don't feel we pulled our weight, in a game that should have been over at half time, then i think we have a right to question what went wrong?

I've expressed where I thought it went wrong, substitutions should have happened earlier, the mentality going into the second half etc. The foul on Dzeko was a shocking decision and 3-0 COMPLETELY kills the game, but even at 2-0 we should have more than enough to see the game out and more importantly not give them a glimmer of hope, but like I said we have this knack of giving teams hope and we did it again.

I think we will still go through, we have more than enough to beat Roma away and we may even beat Bayern, who knows. But last night should have been 3 points and lets be honest were all just pissed off with that regardless of how we all individually express our frustrations.

And it's every team we play. Doesn't matter who we play - CL or PL relegation fodder. We don't do the things that every other team seem to do to us. We don't harry and chase people. I saw that little git Willian last night for CFC running around like a maniac. It may well be instructions from on high, but to allow an ordinary team to approach your penalty area when the slightest contact is deemed a penalty, is a dereliction. Get 'em challenged in the middle third.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
I've expressed where I thought it went wrong, substitutions should have happened earlier, the mentality going into the second half etc. The foul on Dzeko was a shocking decision and 3-0 COMPLETELY kills the game, but even at 2-0 we should have more than enough to see the game out and more importantly not give them a glimmer of hope, but like I said we have this knack of giving teams hope and we did it again.

So basically you're trying to manage the game in hindsight because of a refereeing decision. Look I get you're frustrated not just with last night but with our CL performances in general, I understand and respect that. However last night wasn't the culmination of some enormous problem we have in Europe. If i had to guess as to the reasons for the dip in performance in the second I'd say it was because key players (Silva, Milner, Kun, in particular) looked fucking fatigued which is no surprise considering they played on Saturday, then travelled to Moscow, and played again in a high intensity game last night.

I think we will still go through, we have more than enough to beat Roma away and we may even beat Bayern, who knows. But last night should have been 3 points and lets be honest were all just pissed off with that regardless of how we all individually express our frustrations.

Yeah fair enough. Apologies for I sounded like I was having a go at you i'm frustrated as hell as well. I just don't see last night as being some systematic failure within our camp, rather, to coin a Mancini'ism, it was more a case of "this is football".

I said earlier mate that i was crying out for those substitutions at HT, and until about the 60 minute mark, so personally it wasn't hindsight for me as I could see how the game was going. I'm not saying I could have done a better job managerially but just that what I could see happening, happened!

And ive also mentioned in another thread about Aguero and him playing so much football in the last couple of weeks. He should have been off as soon as he got his hatrick on Saturday for Dzeko and off after 60 minutes last night for Fernandinho, who knows how all this football could effect him in the near future.

A good win on Saturday will more than make up for it from my point of view, im more of a PL person personally :)

Claytop said:
1 question.

Have any of you seen anything in our 4 years of being in the competition that makes you think we can win the last 3 games?

Not sure I can
In all our bigger games that have meant something (as in the other team didn't have to hold back or rest players because they were already through or out) we have:
Drawn at home to Napoli and played poorly
Lost away at Bayern and played poorly
Lost away at Napoli and played poorly
Lost away at Madrid after shitting ourselves each time we took the lead even though we played well to take the lead
Drawn at home to Dortmund and were outplayed beyond belief
Drawn at home to Madrid and played reasonably well
Lost at home to Bayern and were embarrassed
Lost at home to Barcelona and barely threatened them
Lost away to Barcelona and played reasonably well
Lost away at Bayern after playing okay
Drawn at home to Roma after being outplayed

So we've P11 W0 D4 L7 in these bigger games.

No i have seen absolutely nothing to say we can win our last three games after our mainly poor CL showings against the better sides. in the games we played well we didn't win any of them and any game we've taken the lead we've looked very uncomfortable with that lead.

KippaxCitizen said:
Claytop said:
1 question.

Have any of you seen anything in our 4 years of being in the competition that makes you think we can win the last 3 games?

Not sure I can
In all our bigger games that have meant something (as in the other team didn't have to hold back or rest players because they were already through or out) we have:
Drawn at home to Napoli and played poorly
Lost away at Bayern and played poorly
Lost away at Napoli and played poorly
Lost away at Madrid after shitting ourselves each time we took the lead even though we played well to take the lead
Drawn at home to Dortmund and were outplayed beyond belief
Drawn at home to Madrid and played reasonably well
Lost at home to Bayern and were embarrassed
Lost at home to Barcelona and barely threatened them
Lost away to Barcelona and played reasonably well
Lost away at Bayern after playing okay
Drawn at home to Roma after being outplayed

So we've P11 W0 D4 L7 in these bigger games.

No i have seen absolutely nothing to say we can win our last three games after our mainly poor CL showings against the better sides. in the games we played well we didn't win any of them and any game we've taken the lead we've looked very uncomfortable with that lead.

A bit depressing when you put it like that isn't it.

chris85mcfc said:
A good win on Saturday will more than make up for it from my point of view, im more of a PL person personally :)

I'm deeply concerned about Saturday. That has become must win in a way I had never imagined because frankly lose/draw that and the narrative that the title is already Chelsea's will go into overdrive and the pressure that will come to bare on our squad and on our management will be huge. Being that far behind them with the form they are in will be far too similar to Mancini's last season in charge. We need to reinforce our league standing this weekend.

I bet Pellegrini intended to rest Kun/Silva this weekend. I bet now both of them start.

Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
Christ we get a shit penalty decision. It happens. The overreaction on here is unbelievable. Especially considering the circumstances.

Nice try Einstein but if I wanted to overreact I'd be screaming Agenda! from the rooftops and saying UEFA don't want us to do well in the CL and are sending out bent refs to stop us. Instead I've simply stated that poor refereeing cost us dearly last night. It happens.

Anyway you carry on with your wanton negativity and blame everything on our players/staff blame game. I've come to expect nothing else from everything you post.

Ok thanks. Good to know I have your blessing.

The penalty decision was a shocker, one of the worst I've ever seen in football and ultimiately cost us three points, however I'm more frustrated with second half performance. We were so so much better than them, especially in last 20 mins of first half that we were carving them open almost every time we came forward, could easily have been 4 up at h-t.

This is what makes 2nd half so hard to stomach, they were still poor and didn't create much at all but we seemend content to keep it and not get the third or fourth goals our dominance over them deserved. The longer it went on at 2-0 the more confidence it gave them that they were still in it, we just never got started and there didn't seem any urgency on our part to take the game away from them.

If it would've finished 2-0 suppose you could argue we were being "professional", but we keep going in the league and don't stop at 2-0 up (against much better teams than CSKA IMO) so why when we were so much better than them didn't we go for the jugular like we do in the league? The problem was that second half we never got going, their goal makes it a totally different game (even though they created next to nothing), and then the farcical penalty ultimately decides it, but I don't blame the ref, the lack of our fans, UEFA or anyone else as much as I blame ourselves, we should have put the game to bed long before then plain and simple, as that takes dodgey refeering decisions and everything else out of the equation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.