CSKA Post Match Thread

East Level 2 said:
There are four games remaining in the group each with three outcomes so that leaves 81 permutations.
By my reckoning 48 of those permutations means we don't need passports after Roma away in December.
5 permutations mean we finish level on points with Roma in third place, so a win in Rome, or a high scoring draw puts us into the Europa League. A 1-1 draw will probably also put us through as Roma have had a few thumpings.
I assume head-to-head comes before goal difference.
A further 20 permutations put us in the Europa League and there is one permutation (CSKA draw with Roma while we beat Bayern then Bayern beat CSKA while we draw in Rome) that puts us level with Roma in second.
That leaves 7 ways in which we can qualify:
1) CSKA beat Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
2) CSKA draw with Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
3) CSKA draw with Roma and we draw with Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
4) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
5) CSKA draw with Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern draw with CSKA & we beat Roma
6) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern draw with CSKA & we beat Roma
7) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern lose to CSKA & we beat Roma

So it's not impossible, but even though we can get through with four points from the final two games (however unlikely) it's also possible that we can drop into the Europa if we win both games.

The only rag talking sense at work today said "at least you're in it". He also said it was bedlam when he watched the rags in Rome, so take care if you're going. Rome or Sunderland for an away game in December? Think I'll be heading north.

8) City lose narrowly to Bayern while Roma and CSKA draw, then we beat Roma and Bayern beat CSKA.

We can't get through with four points as after Roma and CSKA play each other, one will have 7 points or both will have 5.

oscarG said:
inbetween said:
C-Hop25 said:
Spot on from the telegraph

Read and learn:

"The Champions League is the pinnacle of club football. Just ask Manchester United, who are having to watch from the outside this season.

But rather than approach Champions League fixtures with excitement and anticipation, the mood at Manchester City is one of apathy.

It is true that City cannot draw on the decades of European history that United and Liverpool possess, but that does not excuse the lack of atmosphere and passion, on and off the pitch at the Etihad.

Against Roma, there were 8,000 empty seats and while the stadium was full against CSKA thanks to a two-for-one ticket offer, the noise levels were on mute, save for the outbreak of anti-Uefa chanting and the booing of the Champions League anthem.

The sense of injustice towards Uefa, over FFP and the seeding system, has created a persecution complex which has become unhealthy.

There is no love for the Champions League at City, it almost feels like a burden, but the club must learn to embrace it rather than rail against the organisation that runs it. "

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11212826/Five-reasons-why-Manchester-City-are-rubbish-in-the-Champions-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

Sorry massive rant here, I think our fans have been an absolute joke.

Yes UEFA have hamstrung us this year but next year we will have zero restriction and it won't matter, what is the problem with people, are you all on drugs??? This is supposed to be our chance to beat UEFA and try to win this competition to make this club great so what do our fans do! Cry like babies about refereeing decisions which were more or less justified. Yaya should of been sent off, Nasri should of been sent off, Fernandinho was arguable. Then we say we aren't bothered and just want to concentrate on a poxy league that we have won twice in 3 years or some mickey mouse cup.

And as for corruption, yes we maybe should of had a penalty, yes they should also of had a player sent off. Does this so called corruption explain why we cannot defend a free kick in the 3rd minute of the game - NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Does it explain why they get a player clean through to score their 2nd - NO!!!!!!!!

Some on here need to get it in their heads that we can forget the Champions League because we are not good enough to be in it! We are not good enough to beat Bayern, not good enough to beat Roma and we have not been good enough to beat a poxy Russian team in CSKA Moscow who last night didn't even have any fans!!!!!!! Instead we saw a disgraceful performance where we hacked away at the game and got frustrated, wtf is that all about??

What is going on at this club it's an absolute joke, last year was a great year and now it has gone completely to pot which has shown from the players to the fans and we are so full of anger, frustration and this painful, negative attitude is going to cost us every single trophy this year.

Let's face it too, the only reason people on here want to concentrate on the league is because of United, we want to ensure we always stay ahead of them. You know what, I would let the scum win the league if it meant a good shot at the Champions League because that is the pinnacle, it is the highest any European club can go and we are failing miserably, WHY aren't people bothered about that??? I am absolutely gutted at our performance in the Champions League and yes the Premier League would be great to win but we've done it??! I'm not arsed about winning it again, I want to win something better and see this club become a real great, the team everyone fears in Europe.

Some need to stop this small club mentality and think of the bigger picture. You win the Champions League and you are the best in Europe, you can win the Premier League any year, who gives a toss? We have won the Premier League twice now and to be honest I'm sick of these attitudes that we should stick the Champions League and just buy who we want to win the Premier League every year. What kind of mentality is that, on those attitudes I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheikh packed up and bogged off and sent us back to the 2nd division.
brilliant post mate, you hit the nail on the head. So very true! Some city fans are an absolute joke, it's ridiculous.
Fans are not to blame! Weve become fatalistic about these games because almost every time City play in Europe we hit the self-destruct button.

Marvin said:
oscarG said:
inbetween said:
Sorry massive rant here, I think our fans have been an absolute joke.

Yes UEFA have hamstrung us this year but next year we will have zero restriction and it won't matter, what is the problem with people, are you all on drugs??? This is supposed to be our chance to beat UEFA and try to win this competition to make this club great so what do our fans do! Cry like babies about refereeing decisions which were more or less justified. Yaya should of been sent off, Nasri should of been sent off, Fernandinho was arguable. Then we say we aren't bothered and just want to concentrate on a poxy league that we have won twice in 3 years or some mickey mouse cup.

And as for corruption, yes we maybe should of had a penalty, yes they should also of had a player sent off. Does this so called corruption explain why we cannot defend a free kick in the 3rd minute of the game - NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Does it explain why they get a player clean through to score their 2nd - NO!!!!!!!!

Some on here need to get it in their heads that we can forget the Champions League because we are not good enough to be in it! We are not good enough to beat Bayern, not good enough to beat Roma and we have not been good enough to beat a poxy Russian team in CSKA Moscow who last night didn't even have any fans!!!!!!! Instead we saw a disgraceful performance where we hacked away at the game and got frustrated, wtf is that all about??

What is going on at this club it's an absolute joke, last year was a great year and now it has gone completely to pot which has shown from the players to the fans and we are so full of anger, frustration and this painful, negative attitude is going to cost us every single trophy this year.

Let's face it too, the only reason people on here want to concentrate on the league is because of United, we want to ensure we always stay ahead of them. You know what, I would let the scum win the league if it meant a good shot at the Champions League because that is the pinnacle, it is the highest any European club can go and we are failing miserably, WHY aren't people bothered about that??? I am absolutely gutted at our performance in the Champions League and yes the Premier League would be great to win but we've done it??! I'm not arsed about winning it again, I want to win something better and see this club become a real great, the team everyone fears in Europe.

Some need to stop this small club mentality and think of the bigger picture. You win the Champions League and you are the best in Europe, you can win the Premier League any year, who gives a toss? We have won the Premier League twice now and to be honest I'm sick of these attitudes that we should stick the Champions League and just buy who we want to win the Premier League every year. What kind of mentality is that, on those attitudes I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheikh packed up and bogged off and sent us back to the 2nd division.
brilliant post mate, you hit the nail on the head. So very true! Some city fans are an absolute joke, it's ridiculous.
Fans are not to blame! Weve become fatalistic about these games because almost every time City play in Europe we hit the self-destruct button.

I haven't met anyone who says we are not good enough to be in the CHamps League. It's obvious we are not good enough to win it yet but we will get better and smarter.

People pointing to poor refereeing decisions are stating the facts and sticking up for the Club. Yes we've made entry of
mistakes on the pitch but the officiating has meant we haven't got the point we deserve in Moscow and Munich

Vic said:
East Level 2 said:
There are four games remaining in the group each with three outcomes so that leaves 81 permutations.
By my reckoning 48 of those permutations means we don't need passports after Roma away in December.
5 permutations mean we finish level on points with Roma in third place, so a win in Rome, or a high scoring draw puts us into the Europa League. A 1-1 draw will probably also put us through as Roma have had a few thumpings.
I assume head-to-head comes before goal difference.
A further 20 permutations put us in the Europa League and there is one permutation (CSKA draw with Roma while we beat Bayern then Bayern beat CSKA while we draw in Rome) that puts us level with Roma in second.
That leaves 7 ways in which we can qualify:
1) CSKA beat Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
2) CSKA draw with Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
3) CSKA draw with Roma and we draw with Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
4) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern beat CSKA & we beat Roma
5) CSKA draw with Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern draw with CSKA & we beat Roma
6) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern draw with CSKA & we beat Roma
7) CSKA lose to Roma and we beat Bayern, then Bayern lose to CSKA & we beat Roma

So it's not impossible, but even though we can get through with four points from the final two games (however unlikely) it's also possible that we can drop into the Europa if we win both games.

The only rag talking sense at work today said "at least you're in it". He also said it was bedlam when he watched the rags in Rome, so take care if you're going. Rome or Sunderland for an away game in December? Think I'll be heading north.

8) City lose narrowly to Bayern while Roma and CSKA draw, then we beat Roma and Bayern beat CSKA.

We can't get through with four points as after Roma and CSKA play each other, one will have 7 points or both will have 5.
That puts us and CSKA on five points and they have the better head-to-head so we'd be in the Europa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.