Cup draw procedure, sorry it's not right

MSSBLUETRILLIONS said:
Not meaning to be overly negative and doom and gloom just becuase we have drawn Chelsea but the way the FA sorted the draw out a couple of hours ago was pretty poor in my book.

I appreciate the "guests" they have pulling out the balls are pre-booked but I knew the minute I saw Tim Lovejoy what was going to happen. I don't think it's right, particularly in the latter stages of the competition when only a few teams remain that they have guests who's own teams remain in it. Ok Luther Blisset I guess is a Watford fan but once the balls were emptied, they were hardly moved at all, Lovejoy declares that he doesn't want Chelsea to play away ,the camera pans away & surprise surprise they get a home draw.

I liked to think it's not fixed in anyway but with what's gone on with Bridge & Terry recently the media will be rubbing their hands & it does make you wander. Why can they just not have an FA Representative to do it independently like the old days instead of this stupid fuss & it's amazing everytime they have a guest on how many times does their team get a home draw. Anyone agree or am I talking crap?
633704020969433310-paranoia.jpg

Immaculate Pasta said:
I think if any of what you said had happened then it would of come out now.

There is 1/8 of a chance the game could happen. It happend.

There was a one in three chance of getting MANUre in the CC Semis. There was a one in seven chance of getting CFC in the FA Cup. What odds for the double - MANUre in the CC and CFC in t'other. I am beginning to smell a past-its-sell-by date haddock!

There should be no one involved with any club still in the draw, taking an active part. Only then would I go along with the idea that it's not a fix.

Still doesn't cover the hot ball and the cold ball theory!

The Draw was not fixed. However; I am quite suprised that the FA have not taken a leaf out of EUFA's book and tried a little Football Engineering Seeding experiment like they did for the World Cup play offs.

We would have been seeded 2 and played Portsmouth seeded 7 at Eastlands - obviously there would be financial incentives for the FA in this. The Football supporting public could actually vote X Factor style for where your team is seeded in the actual draw.

As for the Snails business I fear not a lot of thought has gone into this imaginitive concept.

What would happen in August for the preliminary rounds with all the Amatuer teams ?? You just could not allow that many Snails into a TV Studio for Health and Safety reasons.

WE WANT SNAILS!!!!!!!

The thing to think about is we've just had Rags & Chelsea in our most important draws. People are saying that's dodgy.

Guess what? We're not normally still in the cup come the later stages and the Chel/Rags normally are. So as we get better we've much more likely to draw one of the top teams.

I don't really care who we got ffs, at the end of the day to win the cup you have to beat the best teams in the competition and right now without doubt Chelsea are the best team in the fa cup by a mile

It should be done with a similar machine that does the lottery.

If not an exact replica.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yeh, because I'm sure Tim Lovejoy was desperate to get us, and not some lower league side.

so true the thread should have ended after this post .

Blue Coop said:
It should be done with a similar machine that does the lottery.

If not an exact replica.

This is what I was thinking.. Would make the draw least likely to be fixed.

Time to make a few bob methinks given the doom and gloom on here looks like a sure fire away win and a trip to wembley for the semis.
Should get a good price and pay for the day out at wembley.
Al we have to do now is beat Stoke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.