cup final or 9 points

chris63

What would you prefer. Carling Cup Final or 9 points towards a possable top 4 finish.
Just hope our league form doesnt suffer. Even 1 point could mean the difference between 4th and 5th. would love us to beat united as long as we dont lose focus on the big picture.
cup final or top 4. top 4 for me.
but both would be great.

In world football Champions League means EVERYTHING. Especially in these days when the big4 have become a pretty much an institution, people around Europe have pretty much forgotten the last time another English team was in the CL, even though it wasn't all that long ago. We will get incredible amounts of attention if we make it there, and that can only be good really.

Point being that as much as I'd love to kick the rags out of the tournament and get a title for us (making sure we don't beat Manure's record of consecutive years without a title), looking at the big picture I'd definitely sacrifice the carling cup in favour of CL footie next season.
But at least as far as the league cup is concerned I think we can do both, why not. It's just another 3 games! :)

GoForGlory said:
In world football Champions League means EVERYTHING. Especially in these days when the big4 have become a pretty much an institution, people around Europe have pretty much forgotten the last time another English team was in the CL, even though it wasn't all that long ago. We will get incredible amounts of attention if we make it there, and that can only be good really.

Point being that as much as I'd love to kick the rags out of the tournament and get a title for us (making sure we don't beat Manure's record of consecutive years without a title), looking at the big picture I'd definitely sacrifice the carling cup in favour of CL footie next season.
But at least as far as the league cup is concerned I think we can do both, why not. It's just another 3 games! :)

Uh, people around the world, sorry. ;)

can i choose both? if not then cup final I would like some silverware as im sure a lot of people would

I will be watching the semis with a bunch of red doucebags, I'll take a semi win. Then I will follow it with many beers and plenty of smack talk.

GoForGlory said:
GoForGlory said:

Uh, people around the world, sorry. ;)

Good point. While it would be great to win the Carling Cup and finally get some silverware, in the end most people see it as a minor trophy/accomplishment. However, if we qualify for the CL, it's like we've finally made it, and can be considered among the Elite European Clubs.

If we had to choose one (and like most I'd like to see both happen) then it would have to be a top 4 finish. This would have an enormous effect on our credibility when we go into the summer transfer window.

cup for me!stick it in the record books and try and win another one next year,no one gonna say oh and we finished 4th in 2010.where you still have to pre qualify.
Our club needs to win something..
The squads looking stretched already but would be delighted to get in CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.