Cup Final scheme - add Wembley

Balti

Having wasted an entire morning on a workday being ripped off by an 0870 number ringing in to book my Wembley tickets I am at a loss to understand why this situation was allowed to happen in the first place.

Is it really too much to ask that the Cup Direct scheme should include an option to add a Wembley ticket automatically subject to qualification?

Is it too much to ask that ST holders could also opt in to such a scheme?

Allow a preference to be stated for particular areas of the ground and tiers but offer no guarantee just a best effort that such an area will be allocated.

Allow groups of people to be connected via the system as well but advise that this will limit choice.

Much of this exercise could and should be done automatically via the web and Direct Debit without forcing people to waste valuable time, effort and money.

OK there would still be those that would require personal service and attention to get their requirements right but many thousands if not tens of thousands would have no need to contact the Ticket Office at all and we could be spared the hassle that many of us have had to experience to simply buy a frickin ticket when after hours of effort I was told what i could have in any event so what difference?

This is not good enough for the worlds richest club with its heavy emphasis on customer service.

That's never going to happen, I queued for 6 hours, got my tickets on Saturday and ..............yep just checked, they are still safe in the drawer.
For me the club have been as fare as possible regards group bookings, junior sales etc...........
It's about loyalty and allowing those that qualify to get them at the earliest opportunity.
Queuing is the best option, damn early and then you get them in your mit without the myther of crazy phone bills, getting cut off, things crashing and tickets getting nicked or arriving through the post last minute, queue every time for me as you can't trust IT................
What you need to do is attend more games and get the loyalty points, christ, the club gave you every incentive to boost them with 100 points for the last few cup games.

I think Stretford Born Blue has it spot on. The club have arranged the sale in the fairest way possible.

Stretford Born Blue said:
That's never going to happen, I queued for 6 hours, got my tickets on Saturday and ..............yep just checked, they are still safe in the drawer.
For me the club have been as fare as possible regards group bookings, junior sales etc...........
It's about loyalty and allowing those that qualify to get them at the earliest opportunity.
Queuing is the best option, damn early and then you get them in your mit without the myther of crazy phone bills, getting cut off, things crashing and tickets getting nicked or arriving through the post last minute, queue every time for me as you can't trust IT................
What you need to do is attend more games and get the loyalty points, christ, the club gave you every incentive to boost them with 100 points for the last few cup games.

Much easier to go through your local supporters club (Puts tin hat just in case) and i don't mean everyone who's in them should automatically get a ticket - you should have to qualify as well.

Surely the fact he bought today means he has enough loyalty points. How would having more have helped him?

Of course not everybody can queue outside for hours due to real-life stuff so you can't harsh him up for not standing outside.

If they offer a phone system and it fecks up, they have a right to be criticised.

mancitytmdanttom said:

Much easier to go through your local supporters club (Puts tin hat just in case) and i don't mean everyone who's in them should automatically get a ticket - you should have to qualify as well.

Or get the final 2 you were after from an ex player neighbour who owes you one!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Tue May 03, 2011 1:51 pm --

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Surely the fact he bought today means he has enough loyalty points. How would having more have helped him?

Quite right but only just........................<br /><br />-- Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 pm --<br /><br />
Prodigal Son said:
Of course not everybody can queue outside for hours due to real-life stuff so you can't harsh him up for not standing outside.

If they offer a phone system and it fecks up, they have a right to be criticised.

Dead right they have but but the point is they are never going to add cup final tickets to the cup scheme and having worked with IT syetems, in particular phobne sytems, I wouldn't trust them to get the job done one iota................

Nothing to do with loyalty points. Thats all fair enough. Purely about how the tickets are sold. They cannot cope with demand (when they know exactly what that demand will be) so why not just outsource to a ticketing company that is capable of dealing with the demand, has enough lines and enough operators. Instead of choosing to piss us around unneccessarily.

How much supporter time has been wasted and lost? 3 hours on average? x 25,000 = 75,000 wasted hours. 3,125 days. That sucks.

Better still invest in the infrastructure that will allow automated ticket sales by phone and web - as long as you qualify with sufficient loyalty points. And/or just send them out to those that are pre-registered and happy to receive them on that basis.

it aint rocket science.

Rant over.

Balti said:
Better still invest in the infrastructure that will allow automated ticket sales by phone and web - as long as you qualify with sufficient loyalty points. And/or just send them out to those that are pre-registered and happy to receive them on that basis.

It's just like big concerts though - Take That or whoever, they always crash and upset people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.