Cycling to work

Why is everyone saying not to spend a great deal of money?. With bikes you get what you pay for. You do not want to spend money on a bike that will be a pile of rust in a few months and have parts falling off. The least I recommend is a around the £200 -n £250 mark. The Carrera subways are great entry level bikes only problem is you are best getting it boxed and taking it to be built by someone other than Halfords. These are semi-light, ride very well and are sturdy machines. If you are going higher in price a good second hand bike can be found if you are lucky. My friend bought a £1500 bike 2 months old for £500 as the guy was moving to Australia.

Try and go here http://www.cyclechat.net/ and do some reading as these are experts and helped me make my choice when I bought my bike. I ride to and from work daily and also now use it to go shopping unless I need to buy something very bulky.

If you get the right bike you will love the experience as now I am into riding just to get on the bike. Also make sure you buy a good lock and chain as a good bike is like a beacon for every crack head and scum out there.

-- Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 pm --

nem said:
mcfcfaz said:

I have this you want it lol
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Superb, beat me to it.

Wonderful entry level choice good shout. Dont let "Halfrauds" build it for you or you could be riding a death machine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.