Cyclists on the East Lancs

Simon Le Tom

Any other drivers down the East Lancs notice a lot more cyclists riding on the actual road? It's a dual carriage way isn't it?

Absolutely infuriates me, there's a cycle lane either side of the road. There was a guy meandering over the junction for the M62 today at about 5mph...

Accident waiting to happen if it's not already.

I don't know those cycle lanes but if they are typical of most cycle lanes they'll be bumpy, full of potholes and debris and unmaintained since the day they were built.

And full of parked cars too.

I never use them.

Where cycle lanes are painted it just means I have to cycle further out than if they weren't there. That's because the green paint used is slopped on so carelessly the surface becomes very uneven.

Anyway, why moan about cyclists? It isn't them who causes the average motorist's commuting misery.It's other drivers. If all the cyclists in Lancashire all disappeared the daily commute would be just as miserable. In fact, if those cyclists switched to cars the commute would be even more slow and annoying.

urmston said:
I don't know those cycle lanes but if they are typical of most cycle lanes they'll be bumpy, full of potholes and debris and unmaintained since the day they were built.

I never use them.

Where cycle lanes are painted it just means I have to cycle further out than if they weren't there. That's because the green paint used is slopped on so carelessly the surface becomes very uneven.

Anyway, why moan about cyclists? It isn't them who causes the average motorist's commuting misery.It's other drivers. If all the cyclists in Lancashire all disappeared the daily commute would be just as miserable. In fact, if those cyclists switched to cars the commute would be even more slow and annoying.

Cyclists are c*nts

Tom_mcfc said:
urmston said:

I never use them.

Cyclists are c*nts

lol, a friggin good shout.

tin hat reqd tom.

de niro said:
Tom_mcfc said:
urmston said:

I never use them.

Cyclists are c*nts

tin hat reqd tom.

They are though, I was giving my dad a lift to pick his car up in Mobberly on Sunday morning and there was hundreds of them on the narrow lanes. Pain in the arse.

Don't get me started on them wanting to be considered on the road and then start going through red lights.

As well as being A 'RAG' I am also a cyclist (you guys will love me!)

Nothing worse than riding on a dual carriageway on a bike though - people dont leave you room as there is generally a car next to them so they cant. The only time i will go on the East lancs if is I can see it is crawling. I get on at pendlebury so it isnt too much of a detour to go another way.

Benefit of cycling No. 4
*Women love big thighs

cantona01 said:
As well as being A 'RAG' I am also a cyclist (you guys will love me!)

Nothing worse than riding on a dual carriageway on a bike though - people dont leave you room as there is generally a car next to them so they cant. The only time i will go on the East lancs if is I can see it is crawling. I get on at pendlebury so it isnt too much of a detour to go another way.

Benefit of cycling No. 4
*Women love big thighs

no thats big dicks and you get alot of them on bikes

It's the two, three abreast that piss me off.

They will never go back into single file to let you pass. When you do overtake them and then slow down to about 2-3mph so they get held up they end up going nuts and shouting abuse.

urmston said:

Because they're cycling on a dual carriage way with cars passing at 50-60mph. I understand you're statement about the uneven cycling lane but it's there for your safety.

Would you rather have a popped tyre, or find yourself under a tyre?

Tom_mcfc said:
de niro said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Cyclists are c*nts

tin hat reqd tom.

They are though, I was giving my dad a lift to pick his car up in Mobberly on Sunday morning and there was hundreds of them on the narrow lanes. Pain in the arse.

Don't get me started on them wanting to be considered on the road and then start going through red lights.

My old fella lives in Mobberley and there are fucking hundreds down those lanes....all tight lycra,arses in the air,3 abreast,all the time in the world,going nowhere but trying to make some sort of statement.Hate them with venom Oh!!! for a packet of tacks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.