Cyclists on the East Lancs

Big G said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
urmston said:
Not really. I've got one, and could afford to buy 6 more like it brand new without borrowing a penny.

I drive about 6000 miles per year, and cycle about the same. Cyclists never annoy me when I'm driving. They might delay me by the odd second or two now and again, but I'm delayed by other motorists much more often and for much longer.

Only a minority of motorists seem to resent cyclists. I reckon they are just taking out their frustration on cyclists - they buy themselves a nice shiny car perhaps with a silly name, bore everyone to death with how nice the seats are and how fast it can go, vacuum clean it and wash it every Sunday, and it still takes ages to get anywhere in the thing and there's nowhere to park it when you get there.

Not being able to take a joke really pisses you off doesn't it.

Being passed on your commute by a cyclist really pisses you off doesn't it

All 5 minutes of it no.

Think back to how exciting it was going out on your bike as a nipper. What adventures you had breaking all the rules by giving your mate a backie on your Chopper even though it clearly advised against this. Get back to your youth and get on your bike.

I generally have no problem with cyclists. People that use the roads every day get a feel for them and know what's what to get where they are going and not antagonise anyone. The only cyclists that do annoy me are the ones who see it's a nice day out and decide to ride their bike to work. They don't wear bright/ reflective clothing, generally don't know how to ride properly, and seem to be oblivious as to the highway code. I have no problem at all with an experienced cyclist powering along at 20mph on a busy road, it's the ones that bimble along without thinking about other road users that get my goat.

blue-trig said:
I generally have no problem with cyclists. People that use the roads every day get a feel for them and know what's what to get where they are going and not antagonise anyone. The only cyclists that do annoy me are the ones who see it's a nice day out and decide to ride their bike to work. They don't wear bright/ reflective clothing, generally don't know how to ride properly, and seem to be oblivious as to the highway code. I have no problem at all with an experienced cyclist powering along at 20mph on a busy road, it's the ones that bimble along without thinking about other road users that get my goat.

I've no problem with motorists so long as they get a move on, but every morning and evening the roads are clogged with herds of them inching along at walking pace or slower. They slow me down on my bike and my handlebar tape often gets grazed by their mirrors. How inconsiderate of them. I might even equip my bike with a horn so I can peep at them in annoyance as I go past, just like they sometimes do to me if I delay them by a second or two.

I think parking tickets should be handed out to cars in traffic jams so the roads are clear for people who don't want to sit around for ages but actually want to use the roads to get somewhere.

The only Cyclists that piss me off are the ones that seem to think traffic lights don't apply to them.

MCFC-alan88 said:
The only Cyclists that piss me off are the ones that seem to think traffic lights don't apply to them.

That's all of them. The Lycra clad fuckwits.

I like you Stony.

My point wasn't cyclists in general it was cyclist's blatently ignoring the safety procautions laid out for them by riding on a dual carriage. It's just dangerous, very dangerous infact.

Forget preconceptions of middle-aged, fat, balding, junk food eaters only getting annoyed by it.. Cos i'm neither, i'd just prefer not to run over someone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.