Cyclone that's hitting Australia

scall said:
Weird isnt it? This thing is on its way, and people will die during this cyclone. They're currently hoping for the best, but they wont survive it. They, we and the emergency services are in the hands of mother nature and there is nothing we can do.

Scary thought.

I totally agree. The police have been telling people to leave and head inland for 3 days now but many won't and they will stay there and suffer the consequences. The winds are now predicted at near 200mph, that could flatten everything in It's path.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes but we mainly lucky because 1" of snow is armageddon in this country. Imagine a cyclone hitting we be fucked within 5 mins
This. It would be all panic and 'oh well thats it' if anything even 10% of that hit here. Like I said earlier, this country can't even grit its roads, let alone be prepared for something like that. 200mph though, that is fucked up.

Was only out there 3 weeks ago staying in Mission Beach and Dunk Island which is Yasi's new ground zero.

Best wishes to everyone out there.

terrible news, worried about several friends of mine who live there.
hopefully everything will be alright and it passes with few casualties.

I've been in Queensland before and to see it like is just scary.

2011 is a disaster year and only in February....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.