D-Day - Student Protests in London, 09/12/10

BulgarianPride said:
Blue Smarties said:
Why shouldn't they go to college?

In the states college is different. It is like a university in a way that it offer's "higher" level of education but it does not give the same degrees as universities. Most colleges offer diplomas or some other piece of paper. Universities give out degrees ( bachelors , masters and phd)
College and university are after highschool, which goes up to grade 12 , about age 16-17. I think highschool is the equivalent of a college in the UK. It's paid by the government.
you don't know what you are talking about. A university is comprised of colleges which offer different degrees in various areas. The degrees offered include bachelors, masters, and PhD. There are also smaller schools that offer what is called an associates degree. This is all based on the schools level of accredidation. For instance, the University of Nebraska at Omaha is comprised of colleges for arts and science, engineering, medicine, etc. Bachelors, Masters, and PhDs are awarded.

scenecreamer said:
BulgarianPride said:
In the states college is different. It is like a university in a way that it offer's "higher" level of education but it does not give the same degrees as universities. Most colleges offer diplomas or some other piece of paper. Universities give out degrees ( bachelors , masters and phd)
College and university are after highschool, which goes up to grade 12 , about age 16-17. I think highschool is the equivalent of a college in the UK. It's paid by the government.
you don't know what you are talking about. A university is comprised of colleges which offer different degrees in various areas. The degrees offered include bachelors, masters, and PhD. There are also smaller schools that offer what is called an associates degree. This is all based on the schools level of accredidation. For instance, the University of Nebraska at Omaha is comprised of colleges for arts and science, engineering, medicine, etc. Bachelors, Masters, and PhDs are awarded.

Ah, in canada it's exactly what i said. I thought it would be the same in the states. Sorry...

Colleges can also
be stand-alone institutions, which are generally quite smaller than
Universities, and tend to only grant Bachelor's or Associate degrees,
while Universities generally offer at least Master's degrees.

If i made a mistake comparing the Colleges in the UK to highschools, i am sorry, that's what i got out of the wiki page.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.