Daily Express: Nasri to Juve?

And a great goal it was too. But how does that make anything I said wrong? Everybody around me at the match yesterday was pretty much saying the same thing as what i said.
My main issue with the criticism with Nasri is people say he "pondered" or "slowed play down" but that's exactly what he's told to do. keep possession at all costs. He's absolutely brilliant at it.

I feel like Nasri being exceptional at his role is mistaken for him being a worse player.

I don't think there's a better player on the subs bench in the entire league than Nasri.

and if silva does get injured he can play his role better than any other back up too, and we'll all be surprised when he's direct and incisive.

My main issue with the criticism with Nasri is people say he "pondered" or "slowed play down" but that's exactly what he's told to do. keep possession at all costs. He's absolutely brilliant at it.

Apart from when he is completely cleaned out from behind right in front of the ref and doesn't even get a free kick, like yesterday at Everton.

I feel like Nasri being exceptional at his role is mistaken for him being a worse player.

I don't think there's a better player on the subs bench in the entire league than Nasri.

and if silva does get injured he can play his role better than any other back up too, and we'll all be surprised when he's direct and incisive.

Fair comments. You're right, he is excellent at keeping possession but for me, in our team, at the level we're at now, that's not enough, he needs to offer more than that but he very rarely does.

I think he probably was brought on with the instructions to keep the ball, as he often is, in which case it's Pellegrini that should be blamed as we should of been going for the extra goal to kill the game off, the 5 minutes before Nasri's goal were very nervy and totally unnecessary.

I also agree he's an excellent option on the bench and a very able deputy to Silva but i don't think he's going to be satisfied being restricted to that kind of role and i can't see him being rotated in much as if he plays instead of Navas or Sterling are we going to look as dangerous?

Fair comments. You're right, he is excellent at keeping possession but for me, in our team, at the level we're at now, that's not enough, he needs to offer more than that but he very rarely does.

I think he probably was brought on with the instructions to keep the ball, as he often is, in which case it's Pellegrini that should be blamed as we should of been going for the extra goal to kill the game off, the 5 minutes before Nasri's goal were very nervy and totally unnecessary.

I also agree he's an excellent option on the bench and a very able deputy to Silva but i don't think he's going to be satisfied being restricted to that kind of role and i can't see him being rotated in much as if he plays instead of Navas or Sterling are we going to look as dangerous?
I think it'll be horses for courses with Navas/Nasri as Navas can exploit adventurous teams with his pace while Nasri can unpick a massed 10 man defence with his excellent ball control and intricate passing.

There's a month every season where Nasri runs matches and I think we'll see that at some point this year. He's a big game player too, he's definitely not the coward some make out (even if he's not exactly outstanding against Arsenal ;) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.