Daily Express: Nasri to Juve?

You can't fault his application to come on and score (and what a finish too), but he's clearly not happy being a squad member. I wouldn't be surprised if he left this summer, we don't want someone in the squad potentially dragging morale down. Right now it's not too much of an issue as he's still performing despite coming off the bench but I wonder how long that will last.

You can tell he thinks he should be starting but at the end of the day he's been at City for four years now and has never found consistency. He'd be good for the squad but I wouldn't mind us cashing in on him this window

I think Nasri's problem is & always has been, Silva. When Silva picks up an injury & Nasri gets a few games as the main man, he usually becomes one of the best players in the side & everyone starts saying how much better he is than 'last season' then Siliva comes back & he gets shifted to a 'do a job' position, & fades away ending up being called a lazy **** etc, but he's almost always being asked to do something which isn't really his best job, because we have Silva.

He was a stupid signing really, as was Dzeko, neither were the right players for what we needed, but both have tried to make a difference in a team which didn't really fit them, done a great job & are Champions.

I think we should hold onto him, he can replace yaya next season and fill in for silva when needed. Stop playing him on the wings

I think Nasri's problem is & always has been, Silva. When Silva picks up an injury & Nasri gets a few games as the main man, he usually becomes one of the best players in the side & everyone starts saying how much better he is than 'last season' then Siliva comes back & he gets shifted to a 'do a job' position, & fades away ending up being called a lazy **** etc, but he's almost always being asked to do something which isn't really his best job, because we have Silva.

He was a stupid signing really, as was Dzeko, neither were the right players for what we needed, but both have tried to make a difference in a team which didn't really fit them, done a great job & are Champions.
A stupid signin? No way. He has been brilliant at times and IMO a very good signing. Better than Milner at the very least.

A stupid signin? No way. He has been brilliant at times and IMO a very good signing. Better than Milner at the very least.

I've said he had been our best player at times. He's done fucking good job.

My point is, we didn't need Nasri, we needed someone to compliment Silva not be Silva 'lite'.

People like Sterling & DeBruyne were what we needed then as well as now. Or a replacement for Craig Bellamy.

I've said he had been our best player at times. He's done fucking good job.

My point is, we didn't need Nasri, we needed someone to compliment Silva not be Silva 'lite'.

People like Sterling & DeBruyne were what we needed then as well as now. Or a replacement for Craig Bellamy.
I agree Nev.He isn't a poor player but he was a poor choice.....while he has had his moments.....I think we could have gotten far better value and contribution from a midfielder with a different skill set and,like you say,it was a similar scenario with Dzeko.
Nasri deserves to be playing regular football,he's at his peak and has plenty to offer the right team,i hope he goes to such and we get a decent fee for him.

I've always been a Nasri fan, but I can see why he may see his future somewhere else if he is going to be a bit part player. For me he retains the ball well, which is why he's effective as a Sterling/Navas substitute when we are looking to close out a game plus, he is usually on the same wavelength as Silva, Aguero and Yaya. They seem to enjoy playing with him and some of their pass and move combinations are fantastic. He's been an integral part of our success but if he wants to go now is probably the best time for all concerned, particularly if it's part of a Pogba deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.