Daily fail stoop to a new level of low...

Fwiw,I think the article was intended to be a light-hearted and satirical take on things.
I know it isn't particularly obvious,and is about as funny as a burning orphanage,but I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.
I appreciate that this means I have agreed with Didsbury Dave twice today,and that in itself is worrying,but on this one I think he's right.
If it happens a third time,I shall phone a doctor.

Pam said:
Fuck off denying all this. City and Arsenal and Wenger and Bobby are the media whipping boys. Its credible for posters to say a siege mentality is good for us (and I agree with them) its quite another to deny that its going on in the first place. Of course it is. Even Alan bloody Shearer has said as much. Are the likes of DD and Caveman calling him paranoid as well?

No but he`s fucking boring.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
sjk2008 said:
So because you hold the opinion that he takes the piss out of this forum, that constitutes you knowing 'a lot about him' does it?

It entitles me to have a go at him for taking the piss out of the forum.

And if he's got a problem with that, he's more than welcome to have a go back. What the fuck it has to do with you I have no idea.

I don't take the piss out of the forum.

Only the blind idiocy which a section of it perpetrate on a daily basis.

If the cap fits then I'm sorry to have been "impolite". But to suggest that this article is actually a joke, and not an attempt by fictional bogeymen to undermine our club, is not "beyond belief", it's common sense.

There you go. You're doing it again.

Who has suggested the article is an attempt by fictional bogeymen to undermine the club?

I swear there's people on here who'd accuse the rest of us of paranoia if the Fail claimed Roberto Mancini used to visit orphanages in Manchester with Jimmy Saville and Gary Glitter. This might be dressed up as a light hearted story, but to get a sense of its true intent you have to take into account 2 years worth of non-stop City baiting negativity from this budgerigar's cage liner of a newspaper.

Manchester City have yet to hit the heights of their Premier League winning campaign last season but they haven't been so bad to send anyone to sleep.
But that is exactly what happened at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday when City boss Roberto Mancini appeared to nod off during injury time in the first half.
And it's not as if his side were winning at the time - Tottenham were in front thanks to a Steven Caulker header.

How can you say that's presented as a joke? Bizarre

If it was meant to be light-hearted then it's very badly done. Nothing to do with paranoia this one as there are quite a number of people who don't seem to see it as a joke, seemingly from other teams going off the comments too

moomba said:
It's no wonder why he takes the piss sometimes, when some people take this 'Mancini fell asleep in the middle of a game!' tongue-in-cheek headline as serious.

And this is where I have a problem.

Someone having a different opinion does not entitle you to take the piss IMO.

Not all the criticisms of the press are valid IMO, but some are and there is no need to paint every criticism of the press as paranoia or the work of idiots.

Its something Dave does regular, even when he hasn't seen the story or article in question.

Its something you do as well, and have done so again in this thread.

I'd fuck the lot of you off if I ha my way. I'm sure you all have good qualities but we cop enough without being slagged off in our "safe haven".

Why do you keep making the thread about me? Why not keep to the point?

Pam's here now, you can work yourselves up into a right lather together in your "safe haven"

moomba said:
It's no wonder why he takes the piss sometimes, when some people take this 'Mancini fell asleep in the middle of a game!' tongue-in-cheek headline as serious.

Not all the criticisms of the press are valid IMO, but some are and there is no need to paint every criticism of the press as paranoia or the work of idiots.

Its something Dave does regular, even when he hasn't seen the story or article in question.

I'd fuck the lot of you off if I ha my way. I'm sure you all have good qualities but we cop enough without being slagged off in our "safe haven".

Fooking hell moomba,you think Blue Moon is a safe haven ? ;)

oakiecokie said:
Pam said:
Fuck off denying all this. City and Arsenal and Wenger and Bobby are the media whipping boys. Its credible for posters to say a siege mentality is good for us (and I agree with them) its quite another to deny that its going on in the first place. Of course it is. Even Alan bloody Shearer has said as much. Are the likes of DD and Caveman calling him paranoid as well?

No but he`s fucking boring.

True, but Shearer has no axe to grind and I would genuinely invite the deniers to answer the question as to whether he is paranoid. They won't answer of course because they don't actually HAVE an answer. It really pisses me off.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:

Pam's here now, you can work yourselves up into a right lather together in your "safe haven"

I was responding to a post from someone working himself up into a right lather over my treatment of you.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:

I was responding to a post from someone working himself up into a right lather over my treatment of you.

There's no sense of feeling 'worked-up' on my part. Just merely saying things how I see them. The only one who seems to be getting worked up, is you.

Some headlines are negative towards City, some aren't. IMO, this one most definitely isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.