Daily Mail at it again... Ireland to scum

ChicagoBlue said:
Sadly, I'm not sure where players like Kompany, Ireland, SWP fit into that equation. They can ALL THREE be world class on their day, but for their age and supposed "level" they are just not doing the business.

Kompany our best centre back all season? And SWP with 21 starts, 5 goals and 8 assists this season? I only agree with you that Ireland is having a below par season by his standards but it has not helped that he has been playing much deeper in central midfield rather than his more traditional role as an attacking midfielder.

I don't see how teams like Everton can allow players like Cahill the freedom in midfield, yet play with 2 up front and they their team looks balanced. We look so unbalanced it's disgusting at times. But these things come with time and it has more to do with Mancini getting to know his best team than it does with players gelling. I see more promise in Mancini's first 10 or so games than I did with Hughes's entire tenure. Things are looking up. Mancini just needs to put out a balanced side, either play a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2, leaving out stephen ireland in the latter. That is the only way.

Playing a 4-3-3 won't work as it will mean pushing Tevez out wide or dropping Adebayor which I don't see mancini doing.

So it looks like a 4-4-2 with Ireland being dropped and play 2 out of SWP, Petrov, Bellamy and AJ on the wings. Preferably with Petrov on the left wing :P

dctid said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I think/hope this is a bullshit story, but i have to be perfectly honest here, i do worry about what's going to happen with him. The signs are not good.

Why - Ireland's current form is wank he is part of our midfield that quite simply aint good enough - something has got to give be that Ireland - Barry or DJ

ur a cock

263ycyd.gif

dont bet against this, the lad is being messed about good and proper, you get chosen for the team on how you perform in training and on a saturday, he's a midfielder, a player with vision and flair, its hardly fair to playing out of position, in a defensive role playing crab football then leave him out cos he's below par.
fergie would do wonders with this kid.

Can't actually believe some of you think this story has any truth to it, just look at the jounalism performance in this article, they actually try to prove that we want to get a more attacking midfield by mentioning the two defensive midfielders we attempted to buy. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE DAILY FAIL

Would never happen.

Ireland to leave City, possibly, but we would never sell him to them - can you imagine the uproar?

OK, so he's hardly carried on this season where he left off last, but as its said on here many a time before...........form is temporary, class is permanent

Wonder what he makes of playing on the right ahead of SWP? And I wonder what SWP makes of it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.