Daily Mail, your media etc

Hmmm - just a couple of points

1/ the Mail was a big supporter of Brexit so I presume knew what a vote to Leave would bring as did their Leave voting readers

2/ I don't think the Mail were quite so full throated when some tattoo'd working class blokes would be made to leave Benidorm - the Dordogne and Provence must be more on their minds

I used to shake my head at the idea that people got their news from social media. But the older I get, the less I can be bothered to look out better sources. So the Statesman and the Spectator have gone, as has the economist.
Now its just BBC on line and The Times.
For US news I use an independent on line network the MEIDAS Network. It’s is very good, a little leftist.

The Mirror fighting for our veterans. And people wonder why not enough want to sign up for the forces when the Forces and Govt reward them like this

I used to shake my head at the idea that people got their news from social media. But the older I get, the less I can be bothered to look out better sources. So the Statesman and the Spectator have gone, as has the economist.
Now its just BBC on line and The Times.
For US news I use an independent on line network the MEIDAS Network. It’s is very good, a little leftist.
I use BBC News as a primary source, despite what the narrow-minded may think it's still a reputable and impartial (as impartial as can be reasonably expected) well to extract from. Social media is savage and far too polarised; the veracity of any agendized source should always be called into question. If I'm interested in a particular geopolitical topic I'll read a non-fiction book on it to stay informed.

I use BBC News as a primary source, despite what the narrow-minded may think it's still a reputable and impartial (as impartial as can be reasonably expected) well to extract from. Social media is savage and far too polarised; the veracity of any agendized source should always be called into question. If I'm interested in a particular geopolitical topic I'll read a non-fiction book on it to stay informed.
I don't have a problem with the BBC with their reports of events happening round the world, but I do have misgivings about their political reports concerning the UK.

I watch a few youtubers like A Different Bias, Maximillian Robespierre and Truth to Power, and they are superb with their analysis regarding the state of play in the country, but it leaves me questioning why BBC journalists aren't putting the points those analysts raise to our ministers.

I watch the BBC news, Question Time, and Newsnight, but I find them frustrating programmes to watch at times because they don't really have much depth to their questions. FWIW, I think they give our ministers too much ofan easy ride and should be calling out their bullshit for what it is, but they let it pass without criticism.

I think the bbc are hand tied really. They cant be as one sided as the rest of the media so we end up with diluted news and "safe news" that the majority agree with. Dog attacks, discrimination, health, etc.

But I would rather that than the politicisation of our news down to twats like Murdoch or the dmg group. Thats all so William Randoph Hearst.

ITV for me seems to be the best non aligned place to go. Unless someone tells me different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.