Daily Mail's Hatchet Man ATTACKS Man City again!

skybluekings

This guy is such a ****! I swear to God, If I met him in a dark alley I would break both his fucking legs and cut his thumb off!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ambition-To-win-Europes-pointless-trophy.html

Big spenders City finally reveal their ultimate ambition: To win Europe's most pointless trophy

Mark Hughes wants Manchester City to end their barren run of 33 years without a trophy by winning the UEFA Cup.

But winning a competition that clearly means so little to so many will prove nothing at all.

City have spent more than anyone else in the Premier League this season but remain a long way off the finished article and if they win the competition Aston Villa and Tottenham couldn't be bothered to compete for, can do little more than paper over the cracks.

Manager Hughes claims winning it would bring 'an understanding of what it takes to be successful', that it changes players' mentalities but it is hard not to think that doesn't apply until victory in a prestigious competition is achieved.

Look at Tottenham after they won another second tier competition, the Carling Cup, last season, it was hardly the catalyst for them to step up to the next level. Or Middlesbrough, who made the final in 2006 and are now fighting relegation.

Certainly, becoming UEFA Cup winners is hardly going to be turning point for City in the transfer market, the tipping point at which players such as Kaka will want to join them.

And if executive chairman Garry Cook continues to claim players such as the Brazilian would struggle to make their team because of the impressive form of Stephen Ireland, whether in jest or not, City will never be taken seriously anyway

skybluekings said:
This guy is such a ****! I swear to God, If I met him in a dark alley I would break both his fucking legs and cut his thumb off!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ambition-To-win-Europes-pointless-trophy.html

Big spenders City finally reveal their ultimate ambition: To win Europe's most pointless trophy

Mark Hughes wants Manchester City to end their barren run of 33 years without a trophy by winning the UEFA Cup.

But winning a competition that clearly means so little to so many will prove nothing at all.

City have spent more than anyone else in the Premier League this season but remain a long way off the finished article and if they win the competition Aston Villa and Tottenham couldn't be bothered to compete for, can do little more than paper over the cracks.

Manager Hughes claims winning it would bring 'an understanding of what it takes to be successful', that it changes players' mentalities but it is hard not to think that doesn't apply until victory in a prestigious competition is achieved.

Look at Tottenham after they won another second tier competition, the Carling Cup, last season, it was hardly the catalyst for them to step up to the next level. Or Middlesbrough, who made the final in 2006 and are now fighting relegation.

Certainly, becoming UEFA Cup winners is hardly going to be turning point for City in the transfer market, the tipping point at which players such as Kaka will want to join them.

And if executive chairman Garry Cook continues to claim players such as the Brazilian would struggle to make their team because of the impressive form of Stephen Ireland, whether in jest or not, City will never be taken seriously anyway

Have you seen what you've started now de niro!

On the rest, what a wanker he is, obviously a rag.

and what about leeds reaching the champions league semi final? that must be a shit competition too! some of these journos clearly don't think before they write, do they!

Ok so now people are criticizing us for still being in a cup competition. Its getting really quite silly now.

So he's basically attacking any team that has been UEFA and not CL or hopes to be UEFA some time. i.e. the majority.

Or read it another way - only the 'Big4' and CL teams are real football. Everyone else might as well shut up shop now because there is no point in trying to compete.

And if you do try then 'Hatchet Man' will decry you if you do not achieve instant success. Cos obviously life is that simple.....in his simpleton's world anyway.

Hatchet man?? 'Big 4' sycophantic rag twat more like.

Rather than being just a City story this should be posted on all other forums where fans are proud of their involvement in UEFA or have aspirations to do so. I feel a backlash coming on....

Was just about to post this. Aston Villa could potentially shoot themselves in the foot if they don't claim fourth place and could turn that arguement on its head. Yes they played an understrength team but to suggest MON didn't want to win it is a joke, that could be what they qualify this year if Arsenal get their act together! How he'd look like a complete plank if that was the case eh? Spurs? They got beat by the better team, end of story.

Winning the UEFA Cup is basically the second tier of the CL. Now if he is ridiculing that competition then surely that states that the teams involved in it are involved in a pointless cup competition that isn't worth winning. Wrong - look what happened with Arshavin getting his dream move. It puts players in the shop window, it is a way of shutting the rags up and it would be the start of us winning things. To suggest otherwise is folly.

I'm not bothered in the slightest what the so called 'hatchet man' thinks. I'd love to see us win this cup, I'd love the day out in Turkey. It's not happened for too long now and it's a matter of when and not if in the coming seasons. If we can't win anything with all the resources available then we'll never win anything ever again in my opinion.

JamesTenOne said:
Ok so now people are criticizing us for still being in a cup competition. Its getting really quite silly now.

Haha its so silly I cant even get annoyed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.