Dalian Atkinson - Policeman guilty of manslaughter

Yeah, I was surprised to read it too.

Does using a taser gun constitute serious harm? Or did the police officer fail to call for medical assistance after he'd tasered him and it was clear he was in a bad way?

It will be interesting to see this unfold.
If he failed to call for medical assistance ,it surely would be manslaughter at the worst. Police are allowed to use reasonable and necessary force in the course of their duty. As we all are TBH. It's only if excessive and unreasonable force is used that problems occur.

I once went on the piss with dalian at the hacienda back in the day. A nice man by all accounts.

Tragic he died young.

If he failed to call for medical assistance ,it surely would be manslaughter at the worst. Police are allowed to use reasonable and necessary force in the course of their duty. As we all are TBH. It's only if excessive and unreasonable force is used that problems occur.

I think it would be the failure to act in conjunction with the use of the taser that might allow the prosecution to claim that the police officer intended to (and did) cause Atkinson serious harm.

Thinking about it though, there was another police officer at the scene so I can't imagine that happened.

Edit: Just read a little more about it and the police officer allegedly used the taser multiple times so it makes sense now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.