Dallas Cowboys

andy h said:
Jim,

Maybe derby is the wrong term I used. Every NFL team has an intense rivalry with another usually baed on them being in the same four team division. For the Redskins it is the Cowboys. It is every bit as intense as City and the scum.
Andy, I don't have a problem with you. You seem to be fairly reasonable, unlike some who are trying to be sarky re. where I live in relation to the team I have followed all my life. I didn't pick up on the Cowboys/Indians thing. I apologise to you if I have upset you. Gridiron fans obviously have a different outlook re. rivalries to us.

The question is, could the NFL or whatever it's called put out a rugby team that could beat the All Blacks, England, Springboks and the rest at the next olympics if rugby was included again. The US are reigning olympic champions at rugby. I can see them being able to put out a very large and very very fast 9 to 15 (scrum half to full back, the ladies of the team) but I'm not sure they could pick up the half-life of the forward game quick enough. There's also the small matter of eight seconds of effort and an oxygen mask v eighty minutes of knowing when to use it.

merlot somme said:
Jim, if you were taking 5 minutes to get from Claremont Rd to maine Rd you must have been stopping off in at least two pubs.
At 10 years old? Behave! Number 198, just past Broadfield Road as you're heading towards Princess Road. You might run it in two minutes; you won't walk it in much less than 5, guaranteed. Specially with short 10 yr old legs!!!

andy h said:
I just read on the Redskins website that the cowboys are moving to a new stadium next season.
Great to see that the skins have beaten "america's team" in the last ever derby at texas stadium.
Ha ha ha ha.
Zorn seems to be doing a good job, maybe it's our year to get back to the superbowl.

I was dismayed when Zorn got the job - however he seems to have got the West Coast Offense working and IF we stay clear of injuries we are as good as anyone in the NFL and could get to the Superbowl - however playing in the toughest division and having to play the Giants , Cowpats and Eagles twice each every season is hard work

alib said:
andy h said:
I just read on the Redskins website that the cowboys are moving to a new stadium next season.
Great to see that the skins have beaten "america's team" in the last ever derby at texas stadium.
Ha ha ha ha.
Zorn seems to be doing a good job, maybe it's our year to get back to the superbowl.

I was dismayed when Zorn got the job - however he seems to have got the West Coast Offense working and IF we stay clear of injuries we are as good as anyone in the NFL and could get to the Superbowl - however playing in the toughest division and having to play the Giants , Cowpats and Eagles twice each every season is hard work
Fingers crossed!

Banned Tosspot said:
jimharri said:
Odd there's been no reply from BT to my earlier post. He was quick enough getting in the dig about how far Ireland is from Manchester.
What's the problem?
You having the pop at me supporting City whilst living in Ireland. Or am I reading it wrong? I never questioned why fans of Dallas or Washington are fans of them. I just questioned why two sides over 1300 miles apart are classed as derby rivals (read my earlier post). If I am wrong, I have no problem apologising. However, if I am wrong, what is the relevance of your remark ("How far is Ireland from Manchester?") to the debate re. derby matches?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.