Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we should have got him to put pen to paper BEFORE he went on Holiday, and getting Married & Honeymoon. Thats three chances

The problem is mate....When Alves made that "gentleman's agreement" he might have meant it.....but the club sat back and allowed him to go on his holidays without asking him to commit to that by signing a contract. PSG didnt sit back and must have been working on this deal while he was on his hols, would have known the offer on the table and that extra time allowed them to jump ahead of us. I dont blame Alves....we were clearly happy to wait until his holiday was over and PSG said thankyou very much!

To be honest though guys, if a player can't hold to his word and is that easily swayed by another club then we're better off without them. If the opportunity to reunite with Pep and try to get your hands on one of the most competitive league titles isn't enough of a convincer then we're better off pursuing a player that wants those things.

Football is notorious for breaking contracts by both footballers and their clubs so maybe verbal agreements are two a penny and he had offers from many quarters.
Probably his wife influenced his decision as to where they would live and strangely she chose Paris to Manchester.
Money also talks in the last couple of years of ones working life so I´m sure that impacted as well.

Of course he was pals with Pep but he is also pals with some of the PSG team so that may have played a part.

I agree....Monaco and Spurs will be laughing!

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @Sammy_Goal
Don't want to feed the panic but there are a lot of knock-on effects if this goes south. Average price of four full-backs shoots way up

Sam Lee‏Verified account @Sammy_Goal 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @Sammy_Goal
Good chance that a move for another right-back will affect the centre-back pursuit. Not sure money stretches that far, barring big sales
No shit Sherlock

We need some full backs its sort of embarrassing starting preseason with not one decent full back. I am presuming Pep is clever enough not to make any panic buys. We can't be left with some of the same calibre of rubbish we've been forced to settle for in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.